Anyone going to Natl Convention / what to expect?

Started by jacklumanog, August 11, 2005, 04:09:12 PM

jacklumanog

Is anyone going or planning on going to National Convention in St Louis MO next week? 

Also, if you've attended before, what can one expect?

I live in Kansas City and it's only about a 3 hour drive to STL.  And, it looks like it won't be any closer in the next couple of years.  Also, this will be my first time attending one of these.  Any feedback would be great.
Ch, Lt Col Jon I. Lumanog, CAP
Special Assistant to the National Chief of Chaplains for Diversity of Ministry

Major_Chuck

No, not this year.  I had to decide between the National Board Meeting or attending National Staff College in October.  I opted for NSC.

-CC

Do try and make it though if you are that close!
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

swausten

What to do in St. Louis?  Cadets - You're Invited!

The Spaatz Association Hits a "Home Run" With Cadet "Double-Header" Event.

The Spaatz Association is sponsoring a pair of first-ever aerospace career events for Cadets attending this year's CAP National Convention in St. Louis, MO.

With the kind assistance of TSA Directors Ted Bowlds, Mike Murphy and Noelle Sublett and TSA Member Rich Benet this program is now a reality. Maj. Gen. Bowlds assisted with contacts to Boeing; Mike Murphy and Rich Benet with career literature from Boeing's F-22 Program and from general Dynamic, respectively and Noelle Sublett is serving as our Program Coordinator

• "Meet A Test Pilot" -- On 18 August 2005, from 1800-1930 in the "Directors Row 21" room CAP Cadets and TSA Members will have a chance to meet Dave Desmond, Chief Test Pilot for Boeing Integrated Defense Systems.

Dave is the son of a career aviator and started flying when he was 12 years old. He graduated from Florida State University and completed Marine Corps OCS. He completed Naval Flight Training with academic and flight honors was designated a Naval Aviator in 1980.

Dave joined Boeing in 1985 as a test pilot flying production acceptance flights for the F/A-18 and AV-8B Harrier. His most recent major flight test assignment was on the F/A-18 E/F "Super Hornet" engineering and manufacturing program. He will give a special presentation on those programs and be available afterward to visit with Cadets and answer questions.

There will also be literature and career information on Boeings F-22 Program, and from General Dynamics.

• "Meet An Astronaut" -- On 20 August 2005 from 1330-1500 in the "Directors Row (Boardroom) 21" room CAP Cadets and TSA Members will enjoy a special visit from NASA Astronaut (Pilot), Lt. Col. Eric Boe, USAF.

Lt. Col. Boe is a former CAP Cadet, a Gen. Carl A. Spaatz Award recipient and a Distinguished Graduate (with Honors) from the USAF Academy in 1987. He is a combat veteran, instructor pilot and test pilot.
His military decorations include the Meritorious Service Medal, Air Medal (2), Aerial Achievement Medal (5), the Commendation Medal (3), Achievement Medal, Outstanding Unit Award (3), Combat Readiness Medal, and various other service awards.

Lt. Col. Boe has flown more than 3,000 hours in 40 different aircraft and was selected as an astronaut-pilot in 2000. He is currently in a technical assignment involving displays and controls for future space vehicles. He will serve in technical assignments until assigned to a space flight.

Lt. Col. Boe will appear as the keynote speaker at the CAP convention Banquet later that evening but has dedicated time from a busy schedule to visit with our Cadets that afternoon.

Steve Austen
National President
The Spaatz Association