Main Menu

CAP Special Forces

Started by CAPSOC, December 09, 2014, 12:53:13 AM

Private Investigator

Quote from: rustyjeeper on December 11, 2014, 07:58:30 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on December 10, 2014, 01:57:50 AM
a) I'm not say NHQ should send a C&D order.
b) You are mistaken about the legal officer's authority to make a legal order to a member of CAP about their online activities.
c) Respect is a two way street.   Satire is all well and good....but if....IF....a member conducts him/herself in a manner that brings discredit to the CAP....then they are in violation of a lot of regulations, our core values, and go leadership.
d) Even if this site remained up and CAP decided to ignore it.   Individual ramifications for the members involved could still happen.   Such as the suitability for leadership positions, promotions, or awards and decoration.
e) Cadets could be terminated under CAPR 35-3 Para 3.b.(1), 3.b.(2), 3.b.(4), 3.b.(5).  Seniors could be terminated under CAPR 35-3 para 4.b.(2), 4.b.(8), 4.b.(9), 4.b.(10) and 4.b.(11).

So...like I said....an individual is free to do what ever they heck they want to.....but a CAP member is NOT.   If....IF the members were ordered to take down the site and the failed to follow that legal order then they would be subject to discipline.

As an EX MEMBER of CAP the aforementioned individuals may feel free to contact me by PM and I would be most happy to take over the website as a satirical endeavor as a NON- Member there would be no "ramifications" possible in that case  >:D >:D >:D

I would second that motion.

On a sidebar; Would the CAP SF SAR Team be identified by a 'blaze orange beret', even if they are not from PAWG?   8)

jeders

Quote from: Private Investigator on December 11, 2014, 09:19:04 AM
So we will have the first ever, "fictional uniform thread"?

Wouldn't that have been every thread involving CAP getting ABUs?
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Al Sayre

Ok, so:

NHQ has 2 options: 1. Ignore the site.  2. Send a C&D letter
If option 1 then end

If option 2 then Site owner has 2 options: 1. Remove the site  2. Ignore the letter.
If option 1 then end

If option 2, then NHQ has 2 options: 1. Let the matter drop  2. 2b the owner (if they can find him)
If option 1 then end

If option 2, then NHQ has no power or recourse but to let the matter drop as the former member can ignore them completely or put up a rant filled site full of satirical accusations - end 

Therefore, the best option is for NHQ to ignore the site.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Eclipse

Quote from: Al Sayre on December 11, 2014, 02:09:45 PM
Therefore, the best option is for NHQ to ignore the site.

Which is what everyone else should have done as well.

Troll Accomplished.

"That Others May Zoom"

CAPSOC

Hi everyone, thanks for all the support. We'll try to post articles and new content as much as we can. Check out the new articles we posted at this link:
http://gocapsoc.weebly.com/news
"If you're trolling in Call of Duty and there is a CAPSOC operator online, prepare for the game of your life" -Anonymous

raivo

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

PA Guy

What a gaggle of barracks room lawyers. I think the site is silly beyond belief  but I can't get too spun up about it. It  is just someone's attempt at humor. There are more important things to worry about.

PHall

Quote from: PA Guy on December 12, 2014, 05:27:38 AM
What a gaggle of barracks room lawyers. I think the site is silly beyond belief  but I can't get too spun up about it. It  is just someone's attempt at humor. There are more important things to worry about.

Like being "Safety Current"?  >:D

Eclipse

Quote from: CAPSOC on December 12, 2014, 03:22:07 AM
Hi everyone, thanks for all the support. We'll try to post articles and new content as much as we can. Check out the new articles we posted at this link:
http://gocapsoc.weebly.com/news

Don't bother - it isn't even a little funny, you're wasting your time.

"That Others May Zoom"

Flying Pig

Your mom is calling... dinner is ready

NIN

Quote from: Flying Pig on December 13, 2014, 02:01:58 PM

Plus, the whole thing was done 10+ years ago.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

Quote from: NIN on December 13, 2014, 05:56:44 PM
Quote from: Flying Pig on December 13, 2014, 02:01:58 PM

Plus, the whole thing was done 10+ years ago.

Yep.

This one is a lot funnier, too: http://www.reformthecap.eu/capsoc

"That Others May Zoom"

AirAux

I don't know about you guys, but I want that CAPSOC guy to come set up our Squadron Website...

Eclipse

Quote from: AirAux on December 13, 2014, 06:59:09 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I want that CAPSOC guy to come set up our Squadron Website...

It's Weebly - home of all the latest cutting edge PTA, Condo Association, and Sewing Circle Websites.

Weebly, when you absolutely, positively need to lose your credibility overnight!

"That Others May Zoom"

rustyjeeper

Quote from: Eclipse on December 13, 2014, 07:08:10 PM
Quote from: AirAux on December 13, 2014, 06:59:09 PM

It's Weebly - home of all the latest cutting edge PTA, Condo Association, and Sewing Circle Websites.

Weebly, when you absolutely, positively need to lose your credibility overnight!

VERY TRUE STATEMENT-
Weebly is not the most professional thing out there. But this is humor and I dont think the poster made any real effort to deceive anyone and has said all along its satirical.   8)
People here sure have gotten worked up over it though and honestly it is better than some WING pages and many many unit websites- do you disagree? 8)

AlphaSigOU

"I wanna be a CAPSOC Ranger... I wanna live a life of danger..." :)
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

RRLE

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on December 14, 2014, 04:10:58 PM
"I wanna be a CAPSOC Ranger... I wanna live a life of danger..." :)

Then you should be a Secret Agent Man.

raivo

Hey, be nice. The guy who founded Weebly is a friend of mine.

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

usafcap1

|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

Huey Driver

With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...