Cadet Assignment To The Pentagon

Started by SemperVigHooah, October 02, 2019, 03:07:01 PM

SemperVigHooah

May or may not be a silly question, but would it ever be possible for a cadet to be assigned to the pentagon for whatever reason?

I always make the joke to my cadets when I'm wearing my blues that I'm 'glad I'm not assigned to the pentagon, otherwise, I'd have to wear this all day!'

But it got me thinking...what if a cadet COULD be assigned to the pentagon, maybe as an NCSA, maybe for a Cadet Advisory Council (national level, of course) meeting? It crossed my mind and now I'm curious as to what this process would be like and if it would ever prove to be effective. What do we think?

- C/SMSgt Jim Lahaie

TheSkyHornet

Not everyone assigned to the Pentagon "wears a service uniform all day." Many personnel wear fatigues.

If you're working in an admin role, you'll probably be in Class As or Bs. If you're in an ops center, you'll probably be in cammies. It's more or less dependent on who you interact with and in what capacity.

Remember that work duty uniforms have evolved in military operational and command offices from being "suit and tie" to utility wear.

SemperVigHooah

Yes sir, I just joke around from time to time with it. Don't have any education about the pentagon and I've never been there, so I learned something today   8)

xray328

dwb

I wouldn't subject any cadet to that daily commute! :o

When CAP members have participated in Pentagon tours, they are typically in Class A. We took the CLA cadets to the Pentagon the year I was on staff. It's a fun tour to do once.

The chances of a cadet being assigned to the Pentagon as a duty station are pretty much zero. Sorry.

Holding Pattern

Is there a MARS station we can hide a CAP HF rig next to? :D

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: dwb on October 02, 2019, 08:31:54 PM
I wouldn't subject any cadet to that daily commute! :o

When CAP members have participated in Pentagon tours, they are typically in Class A. We took the CLA cadets to the Pentagon the year I was on staff. It's a fun tour to do once.

The chances of a cadet being assigned to the Pentagon as a duty station are pretty much zero. Sorry.

One never knows. Way back in the way back when, CAP used to assign cadets to Antarctica.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.