Main Menu

CAP Medical Practices

Started by sarmed1, February 12, 2008, 10:42:15 AM

Whats your Wing's practice on non-mission medical care for activities?

CAP staffed Medical Section colecting and distributing meds, providing routine care, & emergency care (basically a clinic)
Contracted on site care (either host military, civilian or "camp nurse" style)
dial 911 for everything
911 for emergencies, off site clinic/ER for the other stuff
Member provided emergency first aid and Self care/Tac Officer care in lieu of parental care for eveything else.
Something completely differant or requires posting explanation

sarmed1

OK so I know we have beat this topic around many times in other threads....but bear with me.  Now that the end of the TP era/controversy is dying down, I want to look at the point paper idea that was discussed back in July time frame regarding CAP medical support "stuff".  So before I come up with a solution to the problem, I want to see if there really is a problem so to speak.  Basically how many people out there are following, kinda following or not following the regs when it comes to medical care for members at activites, and have some general numbers guidelines to see where things really sit.  Lets stick with recent expereinces (ie if WIWAC back in '69 we had a full field CAP hospital, but now I think they just call 911, dont vote on the full medical section one, go with call 911) maybe practices seen in the past 5 years (ish)

I have re-read most of the topics here and have quite a number of observations of what people like and dont like and what peope would like to see in their perfect world.  Some very good points on what we should be doing (both morally and regulatory wise)

I know that the Health Services working group probablly has some of this information type stored somewhere too (but really I hate the number of emails it generates so I just read their posts when I am bored every few weeks or so) but if someone has a summary of relevant info from that end of the web I'll take that too (does not need to be converted to the poll, just post it or PM it)

Additional (read in relevant) posts are welcome, I am not looking to argue the advantages or disadvantages of anyone method or even the "need it dont need it" here on the forum (or any of the other of the similar pee'ing mathces and personal attacks/issues that have gone on in some of the other posts.)  Im ok with at encampemnt "I saw this/they do this " or "I did this job" especially if it doesnt really fit into the poll catagories I came up with. 

Thanks for your support and I look forward to the eventual poop slinging that this will degenerate into and the eventual thread lock.....

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

RiverAux

No written policy or guideline. 

PHall

You must like getting into debates about this subject with Ned Lee, you've done it enough.

Major Lord

Nothing changed with TP getting flushed (pun purely intentional) Every Wing has Exactly the same policy: The National Policy-you know, the ones that strictly forbids everything you are even thinking about doing! If anyone admits that they have a policy that is different than the official one, they would be foolish to say so here. The black vans have not been retired just because Lord Voldemort is in hiding.....

If something really, really needs to be done, do it, but don't expect to be let of the hook just because you did the "right" thing.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

sarmed1

QuoteYou must like getting into debates about this subject with Ned Lee, you've done it enough.

you cant really debate this one with Ned.....there may be a few grayish areas...but when it comes to the legal definition behind what the reg has written he's on the money. The debates only come into play when people sit the point of I think we should do this because I am the uber-medic and I HAVE to do this according to the state law (which is usually also based on "I think/I should" not "this is what is written")

Quote...they would be foolish to say so here
also why I opted for the poll, not post your flagrant violation of CAP regs here.

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

flyerthom

It's not really on the radar here.
TC