Resubmission Requirements for Disapproved Promotion and/or Award Requests

Started by Cato the Younger, August 04, 2008, 01:27:28 PM

heliodoc

It could have been  a mistake

But what is the SQTR system but a bunch of boxes to be checked off...

If the CAP is not willing to attach additional type documentation such as the up and coming NWCG / DHS type taskbooks to "certify" the task/job one is qualified to do, then what good is it??

I/ we could argue this all day long.  But in the end, unless there is nothing other than the SQTR and MAYBE some Wing type documentation such as Supplements to training and other requirements, then the current system is all we have.

Define the roles and DEFINE those in a position who do not want to approve anything based on" I do not know you" as not able to do their volunteer job very well.

If CAP is going to last with "Missions for America" then it had better come to grip with MORE professionalism, currency of Specialty Tracks (not some 1985 series stuff mentioning the old CAPM55 series manuals such as the 50-15)  and people who are willing to adhere to the upcoming training requirements  (spell NIMS, ICS, and Emergency Management using All Risk All Hazard methodologies) and all its related documentation based on taskbooks, SQTR's, etc.

If the SQTR"s can not align with current day ICS slotting or training reqs established.... Then we are an island of our own.

Even the AF is aligning there EM requirements fairly parallel to ICS roles, we and are SQTR's should be able to do the same and also the folks who "certify" SQTR's may even have to have Federal certification in the future.. How much more time does a Volunterr have when this rolls around,

Then the Wings will have to abide by certain training criteria if they would like additional Federal fuding..

It will be based on training paperwork and not because Joe Wing CC has a buddy who could fill a postion

NavLT

While not technically a "wing-level" qualification, in most states operating as an AOBD is going to be effectively a wing-level situation and should have additional visibility and vetting, same with GBD or anything higher.

Did anyone actually ask why it was denied?  Maybe picked up a phone?

In my wing it is not even close to a "wing-level" qualification and part of the probelm is that if you cannot do AOBD, GOBD, Plans, OPs unless it is a "Wing-level" situation then if you only get 2 a year you won't get people trained and qualified.

From the user end asking why it was denied involves the same multiple steps up the chain to beg for an answer.  In my world when somebody so much as asks for a day off from work if I check no there is a box to say why?  Where is ours.  If my Wing DO or DOS is a busy guy does he have the time to deal with every member who wants to know why calling him?  And if the answer is the Group should ask why thier qual was denied, in this case they were not looking daily and never even noticed (not that there was an auto notify or anything....).

V/R
Lt J.