Data from past CAP Reports to Congress

Started by NIN, March 05, 2006, 05:21:12 PM

NIN

Lt Col Ned Lee, PCR DCP, is looking for past data from the annual Reports to Congress. Please see his request below:

QuoteI need information from each of CAP's Reports to Congress to support a CAP research project.

Since NHQ does not have a full set, I thought I'd go straight to the "horse's mouth", the Library of Congress.

So I spent the afternoon with a research librarian at the Library and discovered -- suprisingly -- that the Library of Congress doesn't have a full set, either.

In fact, they only had:

What I need:

I would like each of you to look around and find as many old Reports to Congress as you can. Look around at Squadron, Group, and Wing HQs. Ask around at meetings, particlulary to seniors. Lot's of folks have one or two old ones squirrled away somewhere. Specifically, I need the cadet membership data for each year. (Remember, the Reports typically report the membership numbers for the previous year, so please include the "as of" date. Example, the 1964 Report cites numbers "as of" 31 DEC 63.

Go ahead and post your findings here. Bonus points for adding any comments from the report about the membership numbers, e.g. "Cadet membership numbers were affected due to the change in age eligibility this year" or something like that.

Also feel free to post interesting trivia from the Reports, especially the older ones. I'll do that as well.
I'll come back and edit this post to reflect what we've found and what we need.

I'll give full research credit in my final product to any of my research helpers.

Ned Lee
DCP, Pacific Region

Here's a link to the post so you can see if he's updated his list of "need these years" http://forums.cadetstuff.org/viewtopic.php?t=4880&highlight=

You should either email him (nedlee6ATaol.com ... you figure it out) or post as requested in the CadetStuff forum topic.  I don' t know that Lt Col Lee is a CAPTalk.net member.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.