Anybody here a legit 3D modeling / printing expert?

Started by NIN, February 13, 2019, 02:08:48 AM

NIN

I'm not talking about "I played one on TV."

I have two little projects I'm working on.

On one, need a little advice on the "key words and tricky phrases" for having something (A GA-8 Airvan) 3D printed someplace.

The other, looking for someone who can create a 3D model of something for either full-size mockup creation, or a scale reproduction. 

Punters (as they say in the UK) need not apply.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

CDCTF

Maybe I'm not an expert but I am an engineer and have done my fair share of 3D modeling and can create just about any part from 2D drawings. (Inventor is my choice of software)

About a year ago I bought my own printer and have been trying out different designs and materials, one of my first projects I did was recreating a plastic gear in a belt sander that I couldn't source anymore. Worked pretty well. I've been through a lot of trials with my printer and have learned a lot about what works and what doesn't (heated bed temps, nozzle temps, travel speed, fill percent, etc.)

PHall

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

PHall

Quote from: NIN on February 14, 2019, 04:18:02 PM
Quote from: PHall on February 13, 2019, 03:58:18 PM
You might try shapeways.com .

Not for the price, Phil. Geez.

$300 and up to start on a project. No thanks

But they do put out a quality product.

Gunsotsu

As one that is far from a "punter" when it comes to 3D printing and modeling, go the Shapeways route. Looking for a freebie or a discount is just insulting those who do it for a living.

Larry Mangum

NIN, PM, me about what you want to do. I am not a professional, but I do dome design work and have two fairly good 3d-printers
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001