Main Menu

Midwest Coldpocalypse 2019

Started by Eclipse, January 29, 2019, 05:09:51 PM

Eclipse

It's chilly up in here!

School cancelled Wednesday & Thursday in my area.

Noticed these planes up on their tails at 06C last night...

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

So glad I left the area many moons ago...

PHall

And people ask why I live on the West Coast... >:D

baronet68

Move to the Pacific Northwest... The rain, moderate temperatures, and occasional earthquake/volcano are much more enjoyable than the Midwest/Northeast with their double-digit, below-zero temperatures. 

In recorded history, Seattle's lowest temperature ever was 0° F in 1950 and the infamous rain in Seattle is really just a publicity stunt to keep people away (Seattle's 38 inches/year vs. New York City's 42 or Chicago's 36).   8)
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

Al Sayre

Here in MS, it's the Winter storm that wasn't...  Balmy 40 degrees outside right now.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Spaceman3750

Now I know what it's like to live in Miami when it gets down to 50. People are acting like this (-10 tomorrow) is the start of the next ice age. It's going to be 40 on Saturday.

lordmonar

Quote from: PHall on January 29, 2019, 06:41:24 PM
And people ask why I live on the West Coast... >:D
You move out too far west.   ;)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

OldGuy

Quote from: baronet68 on January 29, 2019, 07:25:46 PM
Move to the Pacific Northwest... The rain, moderate temperatures, and occasional earthquake/volcano are much more enjoyable than the Midwest/Northeast with their double-digit, below-zero temperatures. 

In recorded history, Seattle's lowest temperature ever was 0° F in 1950 and the infamous rain in Seattle is really just a publicity stunt to keep people away (Seattle's 38 inches/year vs. New York City's 42 or Chicago's 36).   8)
Lies, all lies - rains all the time, horrible climate, no jobs, bad crime - ignore people who say things like this. Stay away - danger - danger - danger!

:)

SAREXinNY

I feel your pain. We've had 3 feet of snow since last Friday and we are expected to get 3 feet more between now and Friday morning. On top of my own home, I'm responsible for snow removal at our squadron HQ...so I'm cranky this week.

PHall

We may get 3 inches of rain by Sunday evening.  Don't hate! >:D

A.Member

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

GroundHawg

Chi-beria is my favorite reference so far...

I played pond hockey for 2.5 hours yesterday, I am 40 and paying for it today!

Color Guard Rifleman

Foot and a half of snow as of right now
C/SMSgt Murphy Killeen, CAP
2019 MIWG Encampment Squadron 2 First Sergeant
Recruiting NCO

See the source image

Eclipse

Making some ice clouds.  The water was boiling in the kettle.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Very odd - it was literally colder this AM then it was yesterday, yet a lot of people are back to work and acting as if
things are OPS NORMAL.

Attention spans, apparently.

Granted it is getting warmer by the hour, you can almost watch it climbing, however it won't be above freezing today.

And 51° Monday?  Seriously?  I could be on my bike again in less then a week after near record cold.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Doing what you did with the boiling water was nothing! Try it next Monday!

>:D

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Shawn W.

From -51 here in MN on Jan 29 to 31 above on Sat Feb 2... nothing like an 80 degree temp swing... but hey, it's Minnesota!  :P

OldGuy

Quote from: Shawn W. on February 02, 2019, 03:55:51 AM
From -51 here in MN on Jan 29 to 31 above on Sat Feb 2... nothing like an 80 degree temp swing... but hey, it's Minnesota!  :P

At least it is a dry heat, right?

Shawn W.

Quote from: OldGuy on February 02, 2019, 04:14:41 AM

;D :clap:

OldGuy

Quote from: Shawn W. on February 03, 2019, 01:07:29 AM
Quote from: OldGuy on February 02, 2019, 04:14:41 AM

;D :clap:
{{{BLUSH}}}