Wher did @usafaux.us email go?

Started by BillB, October 23, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

BillB

What happened to the email of capusafaux.us?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Slim

When Tedda took his sabbatical, he turned that domain over to Lancer, another user here, to manage.  Lancer sent an email out a while back announcing that he was shutting down accounts that hadn't been used in some time. 

To answer the question, the domain is still out there, but I don't know what Mark is doing with the email addresses.

Slim

Eclipse

Looks like there are currently no www or mx records associated with that domain name.

"That Others May Zoom"

pixelwonk

It is usafaux.us, which is valid and not expired.  Still registered to Lancer
CAP is a subdomain
mail is here: http://mail.cap.usafaux.us

As an aside, can we not make ambiguous thread topics such as this one?  It might help to get the right people noticing them.

Edit: added URL --TA

NHQ-OS-126 Frank

Hello everybody,

I just clicked on the link mentioned above and it asked for a user name and password.

Where can I get one ?

Tnx.

Frank
Deputy commander
Aerospace Education Officer
NHQ-OS-126 Spangdahlem AB
Germany
www.facebook.com/capspangdahlem
LX1MG

C/MSgt Lunsford

I would love to have a CAP related Email too. Where could I also get one?

Wright Brothers #13915

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: NHQ-OS-126 Frank on October 25, 2009, 08:21:51 PM
Hello everybody,

I just clicked on the link mentioned above and it asked for a user name and password.

Where can I get one ?

Tnx.

Frank
I find it pretty cool that there is a Civil Air Patrol in Germany. If my Mom ever gets stationed in Germany, I know where to go... ;)

Wright Brothers #13915

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Lunsford on October 27, 2009, 04:13:15 PM
I find it pretty cool that there is a Civil Air Patrol in Germany. If my Mom ever gets stationed in Germany, I know where to go... ;)

To the [US] CAP squadron at Ramstein AFB?
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: jimmydeanno on October 27, 2009, 05:12:53 PM
Quote from: Lunsford on October 27, 2009, 04:13:15 PM

To the [US] CAP squadron at Ramstein AFB?
Yeah. I never knew there was one in Germany. My mom just joined the Army so if she gets station in Germany then I would go with her and I would attend CAP in Germany!

*sigh*

Wright Brothers #13915

SarDragon

I don't know how many Army folks there are in the Ramstein area. Keep in mind that overseas squadrons are only at AF installations.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: SarDragon on October 28, 2009, 02:06:02 AM
I don't know how many Army folks there are in the Ramstein area. Keep in mind that overseas squadrons are only at AF installations.

Dave, Ramstein is actually part of the Kaiserslautern Military Community. The Army outnumbers the Air Force by about 5 or 6 to 1.
There are plenty of Army units near Ramstein. Especially with the consolidation of US military facilities in Germany.

Fifinella

Although they are not that far apart, the CAP squadron is actually at Spangdahlem, not Ramstein.
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

SarDragon

For Phil:
Oh, OK. I'm not familiar with the area, hence the bit of doubt in the post. My ex-father-in-law was Army, and stationed in K-town, but never provided a reference to the proximity of Ramstein.

For Fifi:
There's only one over there now? Usta be one at each base.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

MIKE

What does this have to do with email addresses?
Mike Johnston

jimmydeanno

Quote from: MIKE on October 28, 2009, 02:36:24 AM

Because "Wher" was written by Geoffrey Chaucer, who was from England.  Fifinella visited England and was in the Air Force.  There are people in the Air Force and Army in Germany.  Cadet Lunsford's Mother might get stationed there.  He's in Civil Air Patrol and he'll need access to e-mail!

Clear now?   ;D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

MIKE

Mike Johnston

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: jimmydeanno on October 28, 2009, 02:42:32 AM
Quote from: MIKE on October 28, 2009, 02:36:24 AM

Because "Wher" was written by Geoffrey Chaucer, who was from England.  Fifinella visited England and was in the Air Force.  There are people in the Air Force and Army in Germany.  Cadet Lunsford's Mother might get stationed there.  He's in Civil Air Patrol and he'll need access to e-mail!

Clear now?   ;D
That sorta sums it up except I already have email. :D

Wright Brothers #13915

NHQ-OS-126 Frank

Hello everybody,

Our Squadron cadet Sq. NHQ-OS 126 is located at Spangdahlem AFB which is about 20miles north of the German town  Trier and about  30miles east from the border of the country Luxembourg.

There is also a cadet sq. at Ramstein AFB which is in the Kaiserslautern area. 

Both bases are approx. 2 hours drive away from each other and the only bases which have a CAP sq. in Germany.

If you are interested in what we are doing over here you can always visit our website under: 

www.capspangdahlem.com

And if there is somebody who wants to come and visit Europe and Germany, Luxembourg Area, you are always welcome to say hello ......

Have a good day :-)

Frank

Deputy commander
Aerospace Education Officer
NHQ-OS-126 Spangdahlem AB
Germany
www.facebook.com/capspangdahlem
LX1MG