Great News! The 2015 Cadet Encampment Assistance Program

Started by Ned, May 12, 2015, 06:14:45 PM

abdsp51

Quote from: stitchmom on June 22, 2015, 05:17:54 PM
I'll eat crow!  :-[   Spam is right about the stress. Trying to acquire proper uniforms, and figuring out the packing list as you go is very stressful.  There are only so many things you have time to invent the wheel with - figure out what the item is, buy it and then exchange it for different one, acquire from the unit, exchange it from the unit, order from vanguard, figure out how to deal with it not fitting right, etc. And we have wonderful leaders bending over backwards to help.

IMO a packing list that is more specific for some of the items would help.  Like have another page listing what the item is used for or specific details.  If items are optional should be listed as optional. If there is something helpful but not required, that would be good to list too, hearing it word of mouth last minute isn't enough time.

A mom's cheat sheet of where the item is at Walmart or local dept store and price would be helpful too. For example I found a twin XL blanket in green and gray for $4.88 at Walmart.

BTW Spam I printed out the cadet oath & values and made sure he knows them..sure enough he said he knew the oath but forgot.  :)

Most if not all wings will have a web page devoted to encampment.  This will have the information for check in and the packing list as well.  Pack only what is on the list.