Alaska C-172S crash into buildings (fatal)

Started by tonyairplane, December 29, 2015, 10:07:35 PM

Pace

PM sent.

To everyone else, please do not nuke your posts. If OPSEC becomes an issue, PM an admin or mod, and we'll review the request. Removing parts or all of a post is a violation of the MCoC.

Don't play with your food.

Don't pick your nose in public.

Make sure to wash your hands after you use the bathroom.

Play nice.

Did I miss any?

[coming down from the soap box]
Lt Col, CAP

goblin

Pace

It's not. It was the justification used to nuke posts. I was just throwing that out there.
Lt Col, CAP

Paul_AK

Quote from: Pace on December 30, 2015, 06:36:57 PM
Don't play with your food.

Don't pick your nose in public.
Instructions unclear, NHQ's gonna have to publish guidance for that.
Paul M. McBride
TSgt, 176 SFS, AKANG
1st Lt, AK CAP

Earhart #13376

PHall

Quote from: tonyairplane on December 30, 2015, 02:57:20 PM
We got the email saying not to discuss this after I made my posts.

But thanks for pointing out the forum's rules.  We need guys such as you in CAP, too.

Why did you even think that this was a good thing to post about? 
And the request from Headquarters to not post about this should have not been a surprise.

SarDragon

Quote from: PHall on December 31, 2015, 01:20:39 AM

But thanks for pointing out the forum's rules.  We need guys such as you in CAP, too.

And the request from Headquarters to not post about this should have not been a surprise.

And that Q will hang out there unanswered, forever, since tony has been given the ban hammer.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: SarDragon on December 31, 2015, 02:32:08 AM
Quote from: PHall on December 31, 2015, 01:20:39 AM

And that Q will hang out there unanswered, forever, since tony has been given the ban hammer.

Along with WhiteWings66.  Huummm, what are the odds? >:D

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Paul_AK

Paul M. McBride
TSgt, 176 SFS, AKANG
1st Lt, AK CAP

Earhart #13376

Гугл переводчик

I've read a couple sites that suggest the aircraft was "stolen."

Ah... media.  ::)
Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

baronet68

Quote from: Paul_AK on January 01, 2016, 02:23:57 PM
Well, at least there're a couple of folks out there taking the time to explain a little about CAP to the wondering masses.

http://www.ktva.com/what-is-the-civil-air-patrol-an-inside-look-at-the-organizations-role-249/

Wow, 600,000 members??? :) :) :)

Otherwise, I think this is a very nicely done story.
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

Гугл переводчик

Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

PHall

Quote from: SamuelRosinsky on January 02, 2016, 01:02:12 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/family-spokeswoman-alaska-plane-crash-suicide-185628960.html?nf=1

According to this, a family spokesperson said it was suicide.

What part of please do not post about this on social media did you not understand?

Panzerbjorn

Quote from: PHall on January 02, 2016, 01:18:45 AM
Quote from: SamuelRosinsky on January 02, 2016, 01:02:12 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/family-spokeswoman-alaska-plane-crash-suicide-185628960.html?nf=1

According to this, a family spokesperson said it was suicide.

What part of please do not post about this on social media did you not understand?

The part about simply posting a link to a relevant news story?  Or would you rather see the story the National Chief of Staff posted on social media?

It's not CAP members speculating.  It's simply posting a link to a news story.
Major
Command Pilot
Ground Branch Director
Eagle Scout

lordmonar

I'm kind of ashamed I got to say this on this forum.

Guys.

CAP Talk is an unofficial CAP forum.

Each and everyone of use can be quoted by a news agency as a "Civil Air Patrol Official".    And so just like we all learned in OPSEC training and GES training we should refrain from commenting unless specifically cleared by the PAO or Commander.

Ergo....let's not even link and add comments to this topic.

Blue Skies to the friends and family of the CAP member.   Good luck to the investigative team.

Nothing more needs to be said.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Live2Learn

In other words:

If you (or I) feel compelled to share information, a link, or just the wisdom of a lifetime, do it on www.aopa.org/Forums  (the 'red board') or elsewhere.  Thank you Lord M and others for your very excellent advice.

Like other threads on the topic, IMHO, this too should be locked.  We'll have plenty of opportunity to discuss lessons learned once the investigators have done their job.

Fubar

It's very sad a person elected to take his own life. While there is some solace in that nobody else was injured or killed, it's a sad day for his family, friends, and community.

I'm glad CAP has been doing everything it can to help the authorities piece together what happened. I would expect nothing less from our organization.

umpirecali

Quote from: lordmonar on January 02, 2016, 02:20:03 AM
I'm kind of ashamed I got to say this on this forum.

Guys.

CAP Talk is an unofficial CAP forum.

Each and everyone of use can be quoted by a news agency as a "Civil Air Patrol Official".    And so just like we all learned in OPSEC training and GES training we should refrain from commenting unless specifically cleared by the PAO or Commander.

Ergo....let's not even link and add comments to this topic.

Blue Skies to the friends and family of the CAP member.   Good luck to the investigative team.

Nothing more needs to be said.

ummm, the information is now public.  ??? They won't quote the CAP talk board they'll quote the family spokesman.  ??? Geeesh, some people need to learn what OPSEC means.  OPSEC doesn't mean potentially embarrassing.  There is no privileged information being discussed here. No one here is a member of the NTSB or the CAP IG investigating the crash. We aren't giving away the combination to the hangar, radio frequencies, or military protocol.  We are discussing a particularly relevant CAP related news story.  This was not even speculation, this was sharing information.  It might not be fact yet, but it is valuable information.  Since I gave my December safety briefing on holiday depression and signs of suicide, I hereby declare this topic to be relevant.
Capt Chris Cali, CAP
Deputy Commander
Deputy Commander for Cadets

arajca

Quote from: SamuelRosinsky on January 01, 2016, 04:01:28 PM
I've read a couple sites that suggest the aircraft was "stolen."

Ah... media.  ::)
Never thought I'd be defending a media assumption, but in general, "unauthorized use" = "stolen". While the nuances may differ, for the public, the terms are equivalent.