Just had my first flight!

Started by Thunderbird, November 01, 2014, 08:37:34 PM

Thunderbird

This morning I had my first flight in a small airplane/O'ride. It was amazing. For the first five minutes my mouth was open out of amazement.

I have been on an aircraft before, but this was so different. I had the front passenger seat and even got to try out the controls.

It was the best moment of my life, and I'm not exaggerating at all.I'm now absolutely sure I want a job as a pilot.

What should I expect for my first glider ride?

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

And if your Glider flight uses a winch to launch you'll love the climb!

XxJake114xX

In glider fights you have a waaay larger viewing angle: up, front, behind, left, right. Sometimes it gets hot because you are in thermals, so try and dress light. There is a high chance of seeing birds fly around you...

Oh and you are more open to G Forces ( you can feel them better  >:D)

HollywoodGhostRider

You will definitely enjoy your first Glider Flight as the sound of silence is beautiful in the air!  :)

JacobAnn

After several thousand hours of powered flight I'm still looking forward to my first glider flight one of these days.

CadetSnuffy

This is pretty much what you'll experience with a glider.

All the joys and wonder of powered flight - all the noise = a much better experience!
There are two types of countries, those that use the metric system, then that one that has been to the moon.