Freebies to hand out during Open House

Started by Walkman, November 05, 2007, 10:49:24 PM

Walkman

We're having a big open house in January. Does anyone know if there is CAP branded swag available (pens, frisbees, keychains, etc) that we can hand out to attendees?

MIKE

Used to have paper airplanes... Not sure if they still do.
Mike Johnston

jimmydeanno

Kristian,

If you can create a DDR connection during your open house, you'll be able to order this stuff...

Here is the page explaining how to get DDR items
http://www.cap.gov/visitors/members/drug_demand_reduction/budget_process/

Here is the catalog
http://www.cap.gov/visitors/members/drug_demand_reduction/index.cfm?nodeID=6774&audienceID=4

Remember, when requesting DDR items the activity needs to have a DDR Connection, and that these need to be approved at wing level (both Wing DDR Administrator and Wing Commander) and reviewed by the Region DDR Coordinator.

Always remember that whenever 2 or more people discuss DDR at one time (including things like conference calls) to submit an Activity Report, they count as DDR activities, which helps you in attaining a rating under the DDR specialty track.

If anyone has questions about the above, feel free to contact me, if I don't know the answer, I'll find someone who does.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Capt, CAP

Otherwise, you're stuck with the stuff they have at vanguard (mugs, bags, etc), but with your open house in January, you may not get it from Vanguard in time...

You can also order CAP paper airplanes online through E-Services (capnhq.gov) under recruiting materials.  They're kinda cheesey but free...

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Pylon

Quote from: Walkman on November 05, 2007, 10:49:24 PM
We're having a big open house in January. Does anyone know if there is CAP branded swag available (pens, frisbees, keychains, etc) that we can hand out to attendees?

Civil Air Patrol branded swag for lower echelons to use in promoting awareness of our organization would be a duty that the National Public Affairs and National Recruiting/Retention offices would normally take care of.  However, in Civil Air Patrol, we don't get that type of support from above.  Sorry. 

Gotta look for an organization that has its communications, marketing, public relations, and recruiting act cohesively together for something like that.   :P
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

thp

Stonewall

CAP branded swag...

You can always burn some CAP CD/DVD things and send them home with one of the ultra high speed videos.

Years ago when they had those decent videos about cadets, we burned them to CDs and handed them out.  Granted, we only made 25 copies or so, knowing we wouldn't get more than that showing up, but hey, it worked.  They showed their friends, etc.

Now, for my personal question.  What does SWAG mean?  Is it an acronym?  When my protection team used to travel the globe we always competed to see who could get the most [free] "SWAG", but we sort of added an "h" saying SHWAG.  To us, it meant free stuff, but is that the true definition?  Inquiring minds want to know.
Serving since 1987.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Stonewall on December 08, 2007, 06:00:29 PM
Now, for my personal question.  What does SWAG mean?  Is it an acronym?  When my protection team used to travel the globe we always competed to see who could get the most [free] "SWAG", but we sort of added an "h" saying SHWAG.  To us, it meant free stuff, but is that the true definition?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Or sometimes spelled 'SCHWAG'. In one sense of the word, it's an acronym that's not even related to the discussion at hand:

Silly Wild A** Guess
Scientific Wildly Assumed Guess (a less offensive one)
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

CAP Producer

Quote from: Pylon on November 06, 2007, 04:46:27 AM

Civil Air Patrol branded swag for lower echelons to use in promoting awareness of our organization would be a duty that the National Public Affairs and National Recruiting/Retention offices would normally take care of.  However, in Civil Air Patrol, we don't get that type of support from above.  Sorry. 

Gotta look for an organization that has its communications, marketing, public relations, and recruiting act cohesively together for something like that.   :P

Mike,

We are working on it. I just wish that we had some real budget to work with. Unfortunately I don't see that coming any time soon,  but oh well back to work.

Al.
AL PABON, Major, CAP

Pylon

Quote from: CAP Producer on December 08, 2007, 09:03:57 PM
Mike,

We are working on it. I just wish that we had some real budget to work with. Unfortunately I don't see that coming any time soon,  but oh well back to work.

Al.

Hey Al, sorry for the late reply but even if the CAP-branded swag costed money to order it, it could be a very, very effective tool to increase CAP's brand awareness nation wide utilizing our widespread presence in so many communities.

For example, National might not be able to afford CAP pencils, pens, and key lanyards to hand out to all units for free.  But if CAP NHQ PA buys them in sufficient bulk and gets good pricing, they sell it to units to use in their recruiting campaigns at a reduced price.  CAP NHQ eats say 70% of the cost, unit pays for 30%.  Ensures units only buy what will actually get out into the community and be used, helps defray some of NHQ's costs, and gives the units more to work with.  Win-win.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP