Main Menu

Does the AF really care?

Started by Walkman, April 04, 2013, 04:00:58 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: usafaux2004 on April 05, 2013, 07:36:37 PM
Respect the person, but you don't need to agree with him.

Exactly.  Which is why I determinedly avoid political discussions of any kind in a CAP setting.

Quote from: NC Hokie on April 04, 2013, 05:13:24 PM
Of course the Air Force cares. Individual airmen, NCOs, and officers might not, but they probably don't care about any other part of the Air Force that doesn't impact their AOR or career, either.

I think it's more likely that they don't know about us, or have only heard unfounded rumours.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

LGM30GMCC

Quote from: CyBorg on April 05, 2013, 01:38:59 PM
This is a good story...but why not run it in something like the Air Force Times as well?  General Jones' very kind comments would at least kibosh some of the misconceptions about CAP.

The Air Force Times is not an official publication of the USAF. It's popular with some members of the USAF (and I occasionally read it because it was something to read on alert) but is largely considered to be a bit of a tabloid.

Airman Magzine was/is the official publication of the USAF, unfortunately it is no longer produced in hard copy. (Too expensive) It is on-line and it's possible something could be coordinated between NHQ or a local PA office and sent up. Certainly could be worth a try but would need a USAF PAO that was on board for doing it.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: LGM30GMCC on April 06, 2013, 02:56:35 PM
Airman Magzine was/is the official publication of the USAF, unfortunately it is no longer produced in hard copy. (Too expensive) It is on-line and it's possible something could be coordinated between NHQ or a local PA office and sent up. Certainly could be worth a try but would need a USAF PAO that was on board for doing it.

I hadn't known Airman was no longer published in magazine form.  That is unfortunate as I always enjoyed reading it and at one point had a pretty large stack.

As for the USAF PAO connection, how could that be set in motion?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Private Investigator

Quote from: Walkman on April 04, 2013, 04:00:58 PM
Apparently they do:

Thank you sir. I thought it was very positive no matter what spin others want to put on it.   :clap:

Paul_AK

Quote from: CyBorg on April 06, 2013, 03:34:54 PM
I'd think a suggestion like that could be routed through local channels to both the USAF Public Affairs Agency and CAPNHQ. Or at the very least they could get someone started in the right direction.
Paul M. McBride
TSgt, 176 SFS, AKANG
1st Lt, AK CAP

Earhart #13376

abdsp51

At the end of the day, those that make the major decisions AF wide know about us and value us.  Anything below that requires work and communication from both CAP and USAF to either create, improve, or maintain the relationship. 

ProdigalJim

Quote from: CyBorg on April 06, 2013, 03:34:54 PM
Quote from: LGM30GMCC on April 06, 2013, 02:56:35 PM

I hadn't known Airman was no longer published in magazine form.  That is unfortunate as I always enjoyed reading it and at one point had a pretty large stack.

A bit of a drift, but CyBorg, just FYI you can still read Airman electronically. Here ya go:

>> Airman magazine is now available FREE for your tablet devices! Please take a moment and download the first issue of 2013:
APPLE: http://bi...t.ly/TK559c
ANDROID: http://bit.ly/WE3FTX
KINDLE: http://amzn.to/UgBDaN

In addition to the tablet app, the Airman staff works hard to provide new content on a weekly basis. We have recently posted a great mix of stories, including a 60+ year holiday tradition in the pacific islands, an in-depth look at the F-22 Raptor, a glimpse of modern day Air Force basic military training, and combat rescue in Afghanistan. <<
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

scare

The fact that they have made an article specifically for this, may seem rather suspicious.

Eclipse

I just "purchased" the Kindle edition (which I intend to actually read on the Android) and the free purchase also got me a $1 credit in the Amazon MP3 store.  Sweet.

"That Others May Zoom"