Main Menu

Guidon Dimensions

Started by VPI18, August 15, 2010, 07:19:34 PM

VPI18

While R 900-2 specifies the appropriate dimensions of the guidon itself, it does not specify that of any of the elements inside the guidon.  So, are there any standard dimensions for the Basic CAP Insignia (Triangle and prop) and font/size for the charter number?

lordmonar

Just order the ones from Vanguard.....
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

dogden

I made 3 of them for our ES academy this summer. We just judged what sizes to make the fonts and the triangle and it turned out well. I recieved several compliments on how well they looked compaired to the VG ones. The materials cost me about $15 a flag.
David C Ogden, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing, Group IV Commander
GRW#3325

arajca

Could you share your measurements. It would make it easier to build the wheel.

manfredvonrichthofen

Are you still allowed to put other designs in the guidon?

JC004

$45 from Vanguard?  wth?!

a2capt

$45 .. is quite reasonable, if you don't have the supplies, the sewing machine or the inclination to just make one. 30 days might be a little bit much, but on the larger side of things- it's fairly reasonable.

OTOH, if you want a unit flag, get ready to bend over.

RogueLeader

If you want a Wing or Region Flag, you need to bend over twice as far. . . .over $640   :o :o :o :o :o
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

CAP Producer

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on August 22, 2010, 03:05:18 PM
Are you still allowed to put other designs in the guidon?

Nope, see CAPR 900-2 for the design and dimensions of a CAP Squadron Guidon.
AL PABON, Major, CAP

dogden

Sorry for the delay in responding, I had log-in issues........

I gave the guidons to the activity I made them for, but  trying to remember correctly. The triangle prop was approximately 6 inches tall and the lettering was 1.5 inches. I bought blue nylon at the fabric store cut it to size leaving excess on the pole side so I could make a sleeve to attach it to the pole and ran it through the fabric surger. Stitched from top to bottom to make the sleeve for the pole to go into and it was done. Printed all the letters and the triangle prop on iron-on transfers.

Overall it was a pretty easy project.

David C Ogden, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing, Group IV Commander
GRW#3325

VPI18

Quote from: dogden on August 31, 2010, 05:04:35 PM
Sorry for the delay in responding, I had log-in issues........

I gave the guidons to the activity I made them for, but  trying to remember correctly. The triangle prop was approximately 6 inches tall and the lettering was 1.5 inches. I bought blue nylon at the fabric store cut it to size leaving excess on the pole side so I could make a sleeve to attach it to the pole and ran it through the fabric surger. Stitched from top to bottom to make the sleeve for the pole to go into and it was done. Printed all the letters and the triangle prop on iron-on transfers.

Overall it was a pretty easy project.

Thank you, sir.