Main Menu

Civil Air Portal Topics

Started by Major Carrales, November 08, 2006, 10:29:28 PM

Major Carrales

Many people from the old "Portal" expressed that they would like to recover their messages from there.

One method that seems to work...for now, is to use GOOGLE.

Simply search your old screen name and some line you remember writing and enter search.  Using the " Cached" feather you can recover your old posts.

I suggest this only for the intent to recover those topics that we had begun and continue them here before they head off to cyber-aether!
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Major_Chuck

I've never googled myself before.  Is that decent?
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

ELTHunter

Quote from: CAP Sergeant on November 09, 2006, 12:54:55 AM
I've never googled myself before.  Is that decent?

Only if you do it in the privacy of your own home ;)
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

MIKE

Quote from: Major Carrales on November 08, 2006, 10:29:28 PMI suggest this only for the intent to recover those topics that we had begun and continue them here before they head off to cyber-aether!

Suggest you seek permission from the administrators before proceeding.
Mike Johnston

Major Carrales

Quote from: MIKE on November 09, 2006, 04:23:55 AM
Quote from: Major Carrales on November 08, 2006, 10:29:28 PMI suggest this only for the intent to recover those topics that we had begun and continue them here before they head off to cyber-aether!

Suggest you seek permission from the administrators before proceeding.

Don't misunderstand...I'm referring to the "subjects" of the topics.  Not the topics themselves.

Plus, I posted this because some oen mentioned they had some materials there they wanted to recover.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

BillB

The email site CA set up still works. I just sent an email to ****@cap.usafaux.us and it went through from a bellsouth.com, but another sent from AOL did not go through.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

BillB

(Did this in another unofficial CAP web site)

Could it be that former Portal People are addicts? I see 153 visits were made yesterday to Civil Air Portal (11/11/06). This mental health problem probably violates some CAP regulation where Portal People just can't break a habit. Or is it that people are checking to see what this weeks TPU looks like compared to last weeks corporate uniform?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

shorning

pixelwonk

Quote from: BillB on November 12, 2006, 09:49:25 PM
(Did this in another unofficial CAP web site)

Could it be that former Portal People are addicts? I see 153 visits were made yesterday to Civil Air Portal (11/11/06). This mental health problem probably violates some CAP regulation where Portal People just can't break a habit. Or is it that people are checking to see what this weeks TPU looks like compared to last weeks corporate uniform?

Hardly.  Most of them are Google and Yahoo bots, and a handful of others were actually referrers from CadetStuff by people who have now-nonexistent PortalPeople in their sigs.
Out of actual people going there, I'd estimate it at 1%, which includes my own IP.

Really folks, nothing to see there.