New Corporate Uniform

Started by mikeylikey, March 07, 2006, 09:22:30 PM

Eclipse

Eh, not specified except for:

"8 Undergarments Appropriate undergarments will be worn." (Page 34 CAPM 39-1)

I'd read interperate that as meaning we should match the USAF Blues, but that's just one interperatation.

Frankly, you can't win.  I think the visible shirt collar under a dress shirt is unsightly,
but I really don't think exposed chest hair is any better (as under the blues), and I've got some guys in my unit(s) that look like they are hiding a cat in their shirt.   :D

So I'll split the slice with you...

"That Others May Zoom"

Nick

Quote from: shorning on April 05, 2006, 06:58:08 AM
On the other hand, I really don't like the new uniform.  It's that image that makes me reconsider my membership.  YMMV...

Yeah, I know... I'm that much closer to dropping a letter to go into CAPRAP with all this uniform garbage.
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

Monty

Quote from: Eclipse on April 05, 2006, 07:12:13 AM
Eh, not specified except for:

"8 Undergarments Appropriate undergarments will be worn." (Page 34 CAPM 39-1)
I'd read interperate that as meaning we should match the USAF Blues, but that's just one interperatation.

A great point you highlight here is the fact that perception is relavant (in surely all things.)

I feel that this is one of the aspects that makes the aviator combo(s) an attractive alternative option because...Johnny Salami/Joannie Baloney will see me and think, "the USAF doesn't wear a crew-neck whereas this guy in CAP does...he must not be USAF."

One could logically conclude: "that's distinct."  Reckon that's a good name to call this puppy....a CAP distinctive uniform!  :)

Quote from: Eclipse on April 05, 2006, 07:12:13 AMFrankly, you can't win.  I think the visible shirt collar under a dress shirt is unsightly,
but I really don't think exposed chest hair is any better (as under the blues), and I've got some guys in my unit(s) that look like they are hiding a cat in their shirt.   :D

"You" as in the second person "you" our "you" as in me directly (you can't win?)  Lightheartedly, neither of us had anything to lose so I'm guessing you imply the former.

But YES....the "Jack Tripper" look is an interesting thing to see....  Just don't be drinking a cup of coffee when one suddenly meets a "Jack Tripper."  Coffee all over!    :)

Quote from: Eclipse on April 05, 2006, 07:12:13 AMSo I'll split the slice with you...

And how to keep my "girlish figure" with crow in the gullet?  :)

Take care,
-msmjr2003

AlphaSigOU

So I wore the new corporate uniform to the squadron meeting last night. Good reviews, lot of questions asked. Of course, I had to gently correct some members misguided notions ("do we wear the new epaulets on the grays?" (No, only on the new combination.) "do we wear the blue epaulets on blues?" (Not only no, but HELL NO! Wanna torque off the RealAirForce?) Does this replace the grays? (No.)).

I'm waiting for some guidance on what the standard is for the new nametag: is it the Vanguard-style with all caps or the upper/lower case?
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

SER Safety

I think tha CAP has toooo many uniforms thus causing non uniformity

I can tell you from past experience as Squadron Commander and later as Group Commander,uniforms for CC Call was one of my biggest challange, althought I kept it simple, many of my Staff and squadron CC use to show up any way theu could.

Alll we need is three basic uniforms

SM:
Flight suits for the flyers
BDU for our Ground Team
other than that the rest is all cooprate stuff, the white shirt or the blue polo shirt and be done.
Cadets:

this is completly diffrent program:

Give them  all of the Air Force's Uniforms

Ernie Manzano, Major
SER
Director of Safety

Camas

So, we're supposed to wear aviator shirt, AF trousers, special blue nametag, AF blue epaulets and AF belt.   Have I got it right so far?  Now the big question - what color socks?

SarDragon

Quote from: Camas on May 05, 2006, 01:18:34 AM
So, we're supposed to wear aviator shirt, AF trousers, special blue nametag, AF blue epaulets and AF belt.   Have I got it right so far?  Now the big question - what color socks?

I want so much to wear my red and orange Argyles.  8)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Camas

QuoteI want so much to wear my red and orange Argyles

It's interesting that you mentioned that; I remember a 2d Lt some years ago who wore argyles with his blues.  He should have known better as he was ex-Air Force.  I wasn't his commander so I just kept quiet.  He's no longer with CAP.

ZigZag911

Quote from: SER Safety on April 05, 2006, 03:51:07 PM
I think tha CAP has toooo many uniforms thus causing non uniformity

I can tell you from past experience as Squadron Commander and later as Group Commander,uniforms for CC Call was one of my biggest challange, althought I kept it simple, many of my Staff and squadron CC use to show up any way theu could.

Alll we need is three basic uniforms

SM:
Flight suits for the flyers
BDU for our Ground Team
other than that the rest is all cooprate stuff, the white shirt or the blue polo shirt and be done.
Cadets:

this is completly diffrent program:

Give them  all of the Air Force's Uniforms

It is said that the mark of a truly intelligent person is how closely that individual agrees with you....you, sir, are REALLY intelligent!

I have felt the same way for several years, and many seniors seem to agree....let's simplify the senior uniforms, cut down on confusion, cost, and needless conflict with our parent service.

Jerry

Here's my own take on it.  HQ has been wanting to get rid of the gray epaulets for quite some time. (There is a story behind how we lost the blue ones to start with--but I'll leave that alone ;)  )  The corporate uniform is just a way to get the foot in the door.  You know, kinda get the USAF bigwigs used to seeing them on the corp. stuff.  Then at a good time when CAP has done some really neato thing for USAF, "Oh BTW, could we change over to the blue on all uniforms?"  That "easing in via the back door" has been done before.

How many remember the burgandy epaulets? ;D  People in my Wing quit in a huff over that!  LOL!

Jerry

Al Sayre

Just picked this up on Cadet Stuff:

The NEC Just voted on a new service dress for SM's.

This new corporate service uniform consists of:

Service Cap or Flight Cap
White Shirt
USAF Blue Tie
Blue Double Breasted Coat w/sliver or white braid on cuff
USAF Blue trousers
Plain Black Shoes and socks.

1. Members must meet grooming standards to wear this uniform. Weight standard does not apply.

2. Headgear is now required for this uniform. members have 2 choices. Service Cap is USAF with addition of silver braid instead of black chinstrap. Flight Cap is worn with Rank on the right and no CAP device. Flight cap is worn as per USAF Uniform. (NCO's blue braid, oficers blue/sliver and generals silver.) Service cap is worn as USAF.

3. Metal name tag is worn with CAP badges, ribbons and US cut outs. No military devices. Hard metal rank is worn.

4. Cadets over 18 who do not meet weight standards can wear this uniform with the cadet nametag.

Thanks to
Al Pabon, Captain, CAP
MN Wing PAO and Recruiting Officer
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

thefischNX01

Where is the hard metal rank worn?  are there epaulets?  Where do Flight Officers get their metal rank? 

Mostly because I think I'll be switching over to this uniform now
Capt. Colin Fischer, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Easton Composite Sqdn
Maryland Wing
http://whats-a-flight-officer.blogspot.com/

shorning

I wonder what the future holds for those of us that can't wear this uniform.

CAP Producer

Quote from: thefischNX01 on May 12, 2006, 08:28:39 PM
Where is the hard metal rank worn?  are there epaulets?  Where do Flight Officers get their metal rank? 

Ranks is worn on the epaulets.

That's a good question for FO's. I would assume that Vanguard will need to churn out FO Metal Rank to meet this need.
AL PABON, Major, CAP

shorning

Quote from: thefischNX01 on May 12, 2006, 08:28:39 PM

I still have my metal TFO rank.  Wow...that was a few years ago!   ;D

mikeylikey

Can't wait to see pictures!
What's up monkeys?

SarDragon

The rank will be worn on the epaulet sleeves/shoulder marks, not the actual epaulet on the shirt or coat. Let's try to keep our terminology straight here.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on May 12, 2006, 09:50:59 PM
The rank will be worn on the epaulet sleeves/shoulder marks, not the actual epaulet on the shirt or coat. Let's try to keep our terminology straight here.

OK - well, it's "Grade", not "rank".   ;D

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

To get serious for a minute - I spend a fair amount of time up at Naval Station Great Lakes, and I have decided that despite the fact that I like this new uniform, I won't ever wear it on an active base.

Why?  No headgear.

The uniform itself is plenty military-looking to get salutes and respect, but then
it will also get stares as to why I don't have a hat on!?!?!?

There is also the issue of outerwear. What will people think when our members take off some bizarre bright green ski parka and underneath reveal an "Air Force Officer"?

Just not worth the "cool points" we'll lose.

I'd rather wear the golf shirt than this combo.

"That Others May Zoom"

thefischNX01

Wait...there are epaulets on a double-breasted coat?  I guess my next question is it a Navy-style double breasted coat, or a Coast Guard style double breasted coat?  the navy-style has buttons on both sides, whereas the coast guard is like the old Air Force Service dress
Capt. Colin Fischer, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Easton Composite Sqdn
Maryland Wing
http://whats-a-flight-officer.blogspot.com/