New Corporate Uniform

Started by mikeylikey, March 07, 2006, 09:22:30 PM

Viper

Here's what I'm waiting for to happen in/with the new uniform:

Some SM [whatever rank] to let the epelauts go to his head and buy a Lightweight Blues Jacket, put [whatever rank] on it, and get into an arguement with some Military Person about not wearing  hat while outdoors in uniform.  I'm sure there will be stranger incidents, though.

Pace

Thankfully the Air Force doesn't make velcro epaulet sleeves like CAP does.  Said SM would have to use pin-on rank which (right now) is a no-go on any uniform.  Doesn't mean someone won't try it, unfortunately.
Lt Col, CAP

Major_Chuck

You know what I think.  I think someone at NHQ allowed retired USAF General Merrill McPeak into the building and asked his opinion on the uniforms.  He thought about it for a moment or two, recalling his attempt to make everyone in the Air Force look like civilian airline pilots.

"Gentlemen, I have your answer..." Merrill announced.

"What!  Oh please do tell General..."  they exclaimed in unison, "Please tell..."

"TSA Screeners.  That is what you should look like."

The Board Members looked at one another and nodded.  "This is good for we need yet another uniform combination."  It was said.

Then The Board Members all stood and pulled out their pledge cards and recited the Pledge of Silliness.  When the pledge was done the Master of Ceremonies announced.  "So Let it Be Written...So Let it Be Done..."
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

shorning

Quote from: Major_Chuck on March 16, 2006, 05:12:45 AM
You know what I think.  I think someone at NHQ allowed retired USAF General Merrill McPeak into the building and asked his opinion on the uniforms.  He thought about it for a moment or two, recalling his attempt to make everyone in the Air Force look like civilian airline pilots.

"Gentlemen, I have your answer..." Merrill announced.

"What!  Oh please do tell General..."  they exclaimed in unison, "Please tell..."

"TSA Screeners.  That is what you should look like."

The Board Members looked at one another and nodded.  "This is good for we need yet another uniform combination."  It was said.

Then The Board Members all stood and pulled out their pledge cards and recited the Pledge of Silliness.  When the pledge was done the Master of Ceremonies announced.  "So Let it Be Written...So Let it Be Done..."

I think you might be on to something Chuck... :D

pixelwonk

And those with many zeroes exclaimed, "Silver medals of vacuousness for all!"

Then they ate Sir Robin's Minstrels and there was much rejoicing.

Major_Chuck

And then they pulled out the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS

PWK-GT

Quote from: Major_Chuck on March 16, 2006, 05:11:17 PM

......which would have caused MUCH more damage had the Lords of Silliness not been wearing their shiny new Cooper A-2's. Alas, it was just a flesh wound...... ;D
"Is it Friday yet"

Major_Chuck

Quote from: RvrPk01 on March 17, 2006, 05:45:45 AM

......which would have caused MUCH more damage had the Lords of Silliness not been wearing their shiny new Cooper A-2's. Alas, it was just a flesh wound...... ;D

The Lords of Silliness heard comotion from outside to which the MC cried out "Runaway!  Runaway!"
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS

Major_Chuck

[Holding the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch]
King Arthur: How does it... um... how does it work?
Sir Lancelot: I know not, my liege.
King Arthur: Consult the Book of Armaments.
Brother Maynard: Armaments, chapter two, verses nine through twenty-one.
Cleric: [reading] And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu...
Brother Maynard: Skip a bit, Brother...
Cleric: And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Brother Maynard: Amen.
All: Amen.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS

PWK-GT

Quote from: Major_Chuck on March 17, 2006, 06:20:18 AM

Cleric: [reading] And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu...
Cleric: And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

........well, I always wondered how business was done at the NB's........I'm surprised they didn't feel compelled to re-write the Book of Armaments.... ::)
"Is it Friday yet"

Major_Chuck

Quote from: RvrPk01 on March 17, 2006, 06:35:55 AM
Quote from: Major_Chuck on March 17, 2006, 06:20:18 AM

........well, I always wondered how business was done at the NB's........I'm surprised they didn't feel compelled to re-write the Book of Armaments.... ::)

Hmmm...something for the Uniform Manual Committee to do for about seven years.

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS

alexalvarez

Is that the First Book of Armaments or the Second Book of Armaments?
Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014

BillB

Not book one or two,  read Book of Armaments 39-1 for the information Make sure it's the Sept 1248 AD reversion.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

alexalvarez

Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014

cmoore

Quote from: Major_Chuck on March 12, 2006, 08:04:14 PM
Okay, something positive:  Removing wing patches from the Air Force style uniform.  YES! 

Yeah, except I JUST finished sewing the wing patch on my new shirt!  Arrgh!

Chris Moore, 2d Lt, CAP
Sacramento Composite Sqadron 14
1st Lt Chris Moore
Sacramento Composite Squadron 14

Matt

Quote from: cmoore on March 20, 2006, 05:16:14 AM
Quote from: Major_Chuck on March 12, 2006, 08:04:14 PM
Okay, something positive:  Removing wing patches from the Air Force style uniform.  YES! 

Yeah, except I JUST finished sewing the wing patch on my new shirt!  Arrgh!

Chris Moore, 2d Lt, CAP
Sacramento Composite Sqadron 14

I feel your pain -- well, almost, CA has a weird-butt wing patch, but as for sewing... just did 2 sets of BDU's... >:(  Really wish Nat'l could make up its mind!
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

Pace

For those that just sewed wing patches on...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT IRON IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Every wing patch I removed left a little glue stain from where the end thread of the patch was glued to the back.  When you iron the patch, the glue transfers to the uniform, and when it does it ain't coming out...ever.

On that note, if anyone knows a surefire way of removing ironed-in glue from uniforms, please let me know.
Lt Col, CAP

shorning

Quote from: dcpacemaker on March 20, 2006, 02:23:32 PM
On that note, if anyone knows a surefire way of removing ironed-in glue from uniforms, please let me know.

Buy a new shirt.  Guaranteed to work every time!  ;)

Al Sayre

You might try putting the shirt in the freezer for a while, let the glue get brittle,and then use a stiff brush to remove it.  Acetone might also work, but try it on the tucked in parts first incase it changes the color. Worst that can happen is you still have to buy a new shirt...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Pace

Quote from: shorning on March 20, 2006, 02:44:55 PM
Quote from: dcpacemaker on March 20, 2006, 02:23:32 PM

Buy a new shirt.  Guaranteed to work every time!  ;)
I did for my ss blue shirt, but that leaves 4 BDU tops, 1 BBDU top, and 1 ls blue shirt. :(
Lt Col, CAP