renewing 101 card

Started by RiverAux, August 23, 2008, 11:34:13 PM

RiverAux

I'm nowhere near as familiar with 60-3 and the training requirements as I once was, but am I right in reading that if you want to renew a specialty you only need to do one mission under the supervision of a SET qualified supervisor every three years? 

No more two sorties in that specialty in two years?  I started a thread based on the premise that this was still the case not long ago and don't remember this being pointed out as no longer the case.

I guess I've been in CAP long enough now that I have to start watching myself when speaking about regulations that may no longer be the case (even ones I used to know like the back of my hand). 

Eclipse

You also need to redo all the tasking in the respective rating to the satisfaction of an SET.

This change replaced the ARTS & METLS recurrency training we had to do.

In my wing this does not mean a "ground-up" redo, it means that over the course of three years you
show various SET's that you still understand the core of each tasking.

If you are even reasonably active this is not difficult, if you only fly that one mission, it'll be a lot harder.

I have one unit that has done an annual cycle of all the taskings for MS/MO/MP from Jan - Apr, for new members this serves as their initial, for qualified members its their recurrency.

YMMV as to what your wing requires...

"That Others May Zoom"