Office Symbol Memorandum Format?

Started by sammich, August 26, 2019, 07:48:41 PM

sammich

I need to write in memorandum format for an application, but I don't know what to do as the office symbol in the "From" section of the document. It is a wing activity as well, so I don't know what to put as my office symbol as CAPR 10-1 and other resources don't clarify what to use as a cadet.

Also, what do I put for the letterhead? I don't know if I use the wing address or just keep the NHQ address already on the template.

Please help soon! The applications are due on August 30th.

Eclipse

What's your job?   For an activity, there may not be a symbol and you may need to make something up close.

Use the Wing letterhead with contact info that gets it back to you, or where it needs to be.

An encampment commander could use, for example, ENC/CC, but the problem is that it won't really correspond the way it should
as there's no "CP/CC".  Maybe is should be CP/ENC, but the next few get tricky.

The list in 1-2 is just common ones, not comprehensive.

Also, if you don't really have an office, per se, you don't really need one, just use the whole title.

"That Others May Zoom"

sammich

Quote from: Eclipse on August 26, 2019, 07:57:02 PM
What's your job?   For an activity, there may not be a symbol and you may need to make something up close.

Use the Wing letterhead with contact info that gets it back to you, or where it needs to be.

An encampment commander could use, for example, ENC/CC, but the problem is that it won't really correspond the way it should
as there's no "CP/CC".  Maybe is should be CP/ENC, but the next few get tricky.

The list in 1-2 is just common ones, not comprehensive.

Also, if you don't really have an office, per se, you don't really need one, just use the whole title.

It is for a staff application for a wing activity, so I don't currently have a job. That's why I am kind of confused.

THRAWN

Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Eclipse

No job, no symbol, you're just sending it from you.

Best bet is to just use full title and names, grades.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spam

In the address block, simply put:

e.g.

Don't put contact info/emails up front; list them in your last paragraph per P 1-2.

Alternatively, you could just put it in a business style letter - not a military style memo.
See p. 38, CAPP 1-2, at:
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/CAPP_12_7_Nov_16_90473D63CC1FC.pdf

V/r
Spam

arajca

Quote from: Spam on August 26, 2019, 08:34:59 PM

In the address block, simply put:

e.g.

Don't put contact info/emails up front; list them in your last paragraph per P 1-2.

Alternatively, you could just put it in a business style letter - not a military style memo.
See p. 38, CAPP 1-2, at:
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/CAPP_12_7_Nov_16_90473D63CC1FC.pdf

V/r
Spam
Unless, of course, they are requiring a memorandum format.

xyzzy

I recall finding several formats for CAP documents when I joined just under 2 years ago. When I tried to find them again, I couldn't find them in gocivilairpatrol.com. Do they still exist?

Spam

Quote from: xyzzy on August 26, 2019, 11:57:46 PM
I recall finding several formats for CAP documents when I joined just under 2 years ago. When I tried to find them again, I couldn't find them in gocivilairpatrol.com. Do they still exist?

Look, I cant just keep posting the links over again. Meet us halfway!

;D