Main Menu

Wow

Started by Larry Mangum, August 16, 2019, 12:38:51 PM

NIN

Quote from: Eclipse on August 16, 2019, 02:00:57 PM
The waivers, at least the ones I'm award of, are being issued by the National Commander.

They go THRU the National Commander. They aren't issued by the National Commander, at least not for USAF-style.

I have to double-check, but the waiver we got was from the USAF, on USAF letterhead.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

etodd

Quote from: NIN on August 16, 2019, 07:00:31 PM
Quote from: Larry Mangum on August 16, 2019, 05:21:49 PM
This has actually been a good discussion so far. People found that the regulation/manual does provide an answer for those who want a waiver for religious purposes. It also shows that you can not necessarily judge an action by a picture without context.

Totally agree, Larry.

Everybody has been on the balls. Super discussion.

Stop the love fest. It just tempts those of us who like to have fun. >:D
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Eclipse

Quote from: NIN on August 16, 2019, 07:02:23 PM
They go THRU the National Commander.

So do Alpha particles. #RBMK

"That Others May Zoom"

Shuman 14

Quote from: Eclipse on August 16, 2019, 08:37:45 PM
Quote from: NIN on August 16, 2019, 07:02:23 PM
They go THRU the National Commander.

So do Alpha particles. #RBMK

Always with those Negative Waves Eclipse.  ;)
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Eclipse

Alpha particles are, in fact, positively charged.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spam

I think you meant to say gamma, or neutrinos. Alpha particles are in fact the easiest to shield, as they can be stopped by any thin shielding.

Gamma will zap right through your DNA and make life unfun. Neutrinos are highly penetrating and they're sleeting through you right now, trillions a second. No known charge on neutrinos, although they do have some slight mass.

(Woof woof woof)!
Spam

Eclipse

Quote from: Spam on August 16, 2019, 10:14:37 PM
Alpha particles are in fact the easiest to shield, as they can be stopped by any thin shielding.

Unless they are the product of Ternary fission.

"That Others May Zoom"

Fubar

I think it's fair there were some folks confused. The uniform manual doesn't prescribe a method to obtain a waiver to the military-style uniform (in fact it says for seniors you can't), however it's clear that working through the chain of command there is an undocumented process that can be followed.

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: NIN on August 16, 2019, 01:58:06 PM
Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on August 16, 2019, 01:53:04 PM
So, discrimination against the "First Baptist Sumo Church" is OK then?

I dunno. You tell me, Bernie.

I haven't seen a sumo wrestler in USAF blue as authorized by the USAF, so my guess is that thus far, nobody from the nascent "First Baptist Sumo Chuch" has requested a waiver.

"You go first, Indy."

Well, there you have it. First Baptist Sumo  Church is desperately in need of a visit from a recruiter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

SarDragon

Thread -> toilet.
Done.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret