CV-22 Osprey Makes Find on SAR Mission

Started by sardak, October 26, 2007, 01:22:21 AM

sardak

This mission occurred earlier this month in Colorado.  The Air Force and CAP stories were coincidentally published on the same day.

From "Air Force News" today:

10/25/2007 - KIRTLAND AIR FORCE BASE, N.M. (AFPN) -- A CV-22 Osprey assigned to the 58th Special Operations Wing here participated in the aircraft's first search and recovery mission, responding to the fatal crash of a medical aircraft in the mountains of southern Colorado.
AF News Story

For the local report of the incident, there is an article written by the COWG/DOS in the Colorado SAR Board newletter.
CSRB Story

Mike

jimmydeanno

Not to get off topic, but I thought this quote was rather inspiring and summed up why I think many people do what they do.

A dear friend I serve with here in Woodway explained what a good day is. The way he defines it, a good day does not depend on the outcome. He put it simply, as long as everyone who showed up (At the fire, the car wreck or the search) goes home it's a good day.'  What this means is to not let the outcome affect the fact that we serve - and that by itself is good. Any day we get to serve is a good day. We will be needed again.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill