Main Menu

Parachutist wings

Started by culpeper, August 20, 2018, 02:01:38 AM

culpeper

I earned jump wings while in the USAF at Ft. Benning jump school.  It is considered an occupational badge and the qualification is noted on my DD214.  Looking at the 39-1 regs am I correct that these are only authorized on the CAP blue dress shirt, BDU, and ABU?

Stonewall

If I'm reading correctly, you're asking if they're only allowed to be worn on ABU/BDU and blues. That is correct, you cannot wear military badges on non-military style uniforms like Blue BDUs or the corporate white shirt (or whatever it's called).

Graduated jump school 31 Oct 1991.
Serving since 1987.

culpeper

Thanks for the confirmation.   I graduated 1980 for part of ROMAD training..

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

Sapper168

Quote from: culpeper on August 20, 2018, 02:01:38 AM
I earned jump wings while in the USAF at Ft. Benning jump school.  It is considered an occupational badge and the qualification is noted on my DD214.  Looking at the 39-1 regs am I correct that these are only authorized on the CAP blue dress shirt, BDU, and ABU?

Don't forget the Service Coat.  ;D
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

culpeper

Lol, the only time I wore blues in the USAF was basic training.  Didn't even wear stripes on the shoulder cammies.  Everything was on the tear off black  name tag.    It was a motley crew :-\

N6RVT

Quote from: Stonewall on August 20, 2018, 02:33:18 AMGraduated jump school 31 Oct 1991.

I went through around 1983 - right in the middle of the transition from plain green to BDU.  If I had ever gone to jumpmaster school I would be a master parachutist, I meet all the other requirements.

However - I do not wear my jump wings on CAP uniforms, simply because I have observer & ground team badges.  Both of which are relevant to CAP, whereas the parachute wings are not.

But to be fair, I DID wear the jump wings until my observer wings replaced them.

Stonewall

Quote from: Dwight Dutton on August 20, 2018, 05:06:00 PM
Quote from: Stonewall on August 20, 2018, 02:33:18 AMGraduated jump school 31 Oct 1991.

I went through around 1983 - right in the middle of the transition from plain green to BDU.  If I had ever gone to jumpmaster school I would be a master parachutist, I meet all the other requirements.

However - I do not wear my jump wings on CAP uniforms, simply because I have observer & ground team badges.  Both of which are relevant to CAP, whereas the parachute wings are not.

But to be fair, I DID wear the jump wings until my observer wings replaced them.

Same here. I'm Army turned Air Force, with 3 MOS/AFSCs, so I've got 4 military badges to choose from, but I choose to wear only CAP badges and ribbons. 24 years of military service and 31 years in CAP, so in some ways I feel like I've worked harder in CAP than the military. Seems silly, but I earned jump wings in just 3 weeks, but it took me longer to earn my GTM bsdge, EMT bsdge, and of course, Observer wings.
Serving since 1987.

PHall

Of course the fact that CAP Aviation Badges (wings) are required to be worn while everything else is optional had nothing to do with that, right?

Stonewall

Quote from: PHall on August 20, 2018, 09:01:57 PM
Of course the fact that CAP Aviation Badges (wings) are required to be worn while everything else is optional had nothing to do with that, right?

No, one could wear CAP aviation wings AND jump wings. I had that setup when I had multiple sets of BDUs, but as I have one set of ABUs, I opted for an all-CAP setup. If I get another set of ABUs, I may switch it up, but I'll probably stick with an all-CAP setup.
Serving since 1987.

N6RVT

Quote from: PHall on August 20, 2018, 09:01:57 PM

I just made Major, and will probably be GBD & Senior Observer both within a year, and I'll have to change everything.