Term Limits for Unit Commanders

Started by deepblue1947, June 25, 2018, 04:17:50 PM

deepblue1947

What is the term limit for Unit Commanders and is there a regulation stating this?

Thank you
MG

abdsp51

Have you asked your CC or unit admin about this?  Or are you trying to circumvent a CC someone and put yourself in the slot.

Offutteer

Rather than assuming the worst in peoples' intentions, maybe we could just answer the question?

CAPR 20-1 (under the old numbering system). 

Section D, paragraph 14.

Quotec. The wing commander appoints group, squadron, and flight commanders. These commanders serve a four-year
term of office. Upon completion of the initial term, the Commander may be appointed to subsequent four-year terms
with the approval of the Wing and Region commander./

abdsp51

And how many times have these questions been posted with good intentions?  Plus qe do have a search function and a 10 sec google search would have answered the question.  But seeing as we have slowly become a society of catering and hand holding I digress.

dwb

Hang on, let me get out my Jump to Conclusions Mat.

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

abdsp51

Give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime. 

Luis R. Ramos

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

dwb

tkelley004

Quote from: Offutteer on June 25, 2018, 04:39:27 PM
Rather than assuming the worst in peoples' intentions, maybe we could just answer the question?

Section D, paragraph 14.

Quotec. The wing commander appoints group, squadron, and flight commanders. These commanders serve a four-year
term of office. Upon completion of the initial term, the Commander may be appointed to subsequent four-year terms

If your looking to serve more than 4 years, it really is up to the region commander, (I was disapproved for an extension recently in the Pacific Region)
Tim Kelley, Lt Col, CAP
Bellingham Composite Squadron
Retired USAF SMSgt

etodd

Just guessing but would assume sometimes a Commander might get stuck and continuing, if no one else wants to take over in a small squadron.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

deepblue1947

Quote from: abdsp51 on June 25, 2018, 05:05:09 PM
And how many times have these questions been posted with good intentions?  Plus qe do have a search function and a 10 sec google search would have answered the question.  But seeing as we have slowly become a society of catering and hand holding I digress.

You are a total jackass and the perfect example of why I rarely post on here any more.

deepblue1947

Quote from: Offutteer on June 25, 2018, 04:39:27 PM

Section D, paragraph 14.

Thank you very much.  I did find the Reg since I made the post but I appreciate your help.

MG

deepblue1947

Quote from: abdsp51 on June 25, 2018, 04:20:12 PM
Have you asked your CC or unit admin about this?  Or are you trying to circumvent a CC someone and put yourself in the slot.

Paranoid much you jerk.

abdsp51

Quote from: deepblue1947 on June 26, 2018, 03:29:50 AM
Quote from: abdsp51 on June 25, 2018, 04:20:12 PM

Paranoid much you jerk.

Your response speaks for itself.  Also personal attacks are against the MCOC

whatevah

Quote from: deepblue1947 on June 26, 2018, 03:27:33 AM
Quote from: abdsp51 on June 25, 2018, 05:05:09 PM

You are a total jackass and the perfect example of why I rarely post on here any more.
Umm... I'm not sure that the internet is a good fit for you.  LOCK
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin