Cadet Online Testing: Journey of Flight Chapters 2, 9 and 10 Exam

Started by VPI18, January 09, 2011, 05:50:28 AM

VPI18

I'm having an issue testing online for the Journey of Flight Chapters 2, 9 and 10 Exam. After I've passed the exam, and arrived at the screen where it shows me my score, I click Finish. The screen flashes to the eServices main page without having my score recorded. When I attempt to retake it, it tells me that I have taken it too many times without completing it. I could just submit the screenshot of the score page to my CC and have him do whatever he does to put in the score manually, but that would be too easy. I like to get to the bottom of things.

Now, with some help from a senior member, I've been able to infer that this is an issue this is an issue with this specific online test. He passed the chapter 1, 7, and 10 exam and the chapter 3, 17, 18 exam and managed to get to a screen stating congratulations, but the score was not recorded because he is not a cadet. However, when he passed the chapter 2, 9, and 10 exam he got the same result I did. But, after posting a knowledgebase question the NHQ CP Online Testing IT told me that there isn't an issue when he tries it.

So, I'd like to ask for some help from CAPTalk pinpointing this issue further. Could any senior member with access to the cadet online testing module on their restricted apps attempt to take and pass Journey of Flight Chapters 2, 9 and 10 Exam and state if they were successful, or got the same result as me? Thanks!

MSG Mac

Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Paul Creed III

The core issue I am seeing with the online tests (be it the cadet tests or the online safety ones) is that Adobe Flash Player must be updated to the latest version from adobe.com. Also, Google Chrome will not work with the system at all. Firefox 4 Beta 8, along with the latest Flash Player, seems to be the most stable platform to use.

Also, any extraneous toolbars (Yahoo, MSN, Bing, etc, etc) should be removed as well since they all interfere with how the tests are delivered.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

jeders

Quote from: Paul Creed III on January 10, 2011, 03:12:01 PM
Also, any extraneous toolbars (Yahoo, MSN, Bing, etc, etc) should be removed as well since they all interfere with how the tests are delivered.

IMHO, any extraneous toolbars should be removed anyway.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Paul Creed III

Indeed, all they do is eat system resources, eat screen real estate, and provide minimal to no features that can't be achieved already with built-in browser functions.

a2capt

But .. but..

... yeah. Right. Okay, I see what you mean. ;)

I tell people, "you need this computer to work. Nothing here 'makes it easier' for you." .. Flash usually sucks on OS X, but at least these tests work pretty consistently. I've had no problem passing any of them. I've told some cadets- with Firefox and extension hell, "create a new profile and use that for testing only." Seems to do the trick most of the time, too.

Paul Creed III

Yeah, I forgot that they can crappify Firefox too with extensions. I must be odd, I have no extensions in my web browser...

a2capt

Nothing odd there. :)  Except for Web Developer on Firefox, I'm don't play the game either.

(nothing here 'makes it easier for you' means that this will do everything you need out of the box).

All these toolbars that come with those '10,000 free smileys!' and monitor this feed there, and that feed here, etc. OMG.  Forget it.  Code mills don't follow guidelines, heck even the guideline creators don't follow them always. Stuff breaks.