Main Menu

Maj. Gen. Amy Courter Photo

Started by RickFranz, January 03, 2009, 07:23:04 PM

RickFranz

Does any have a link to a good 8X10 size Photo of Maj. Gen. Amy Courter? 
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

Johnny Yuma

There's one on wikipedia under her name, but it's 22kb. At 8X10 that'll look terrible.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Pylon

http://mhuchette.albumpost.com/2007CAPOfficialPhotos/42HR1562

To my knowledge, they haven't publicly posted a new high-resolution portrait photo of Maj Gen Courter since she received her second star.  The one you've seen being used (in the Volunteer, online in smaller resolutions, etc.) is the exact same photo as above with a second star photoshopped on.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Nathan

Quote from: Pylon on January 03, 2009, 07:51:55 PM
The one you've seen being used (in the Volunteer, online in smaller resolutions, etc.) is the exact same photo as above with a second star photoshopped on.

They should take photoshop away from the NHQ PA people...
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

Rob Sherlin

Does anyone know how to contact her?  I'd like to do a portrait of her based on the smaller photos I've seen, and get some prints of the portrait ( she gets the original )......But, I don't want to do this without permission to do so.
To fly freely above the earth is the ultimate dream for me in life.....For I do not wish to wait till I pass to earn my wings.

Rob Sherlin SM, NER-NY-116

Pylon

Quote from: Rob Sherlin on January 03, 2009, 10:25:01 PM
  Does anyone know how to contact her?  I'd like to do a portrait of her based on the smaller photos I've seen, and get some prints of the portrait ( she gets the original )......But, I don't want to do this without permission to do so.

Chain of command would be one method.  Just address a memorandum to "Maj Gen Amy S. Courter, National Commander" and hand it to your unit commander.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Cecil DP

Her contact information is available in the CAP Directory which can be found in E-services.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

RiverAux

I would recommend contacting NHQ public affairs first.  I'm sure they have one available.

JC004

flyerthom

Quote from: Nathan on January 03, 2009, 08:41:02 PM
Quote from: Pylon on January 03, 2009, 07:51:55 PM
The one you've seen being used (in the Volunteer, online in smaller resolutions, etc.) is the exact same photo as above with a second star photoshopped on.

They should take photoshop away from the NHQ PA people...

My wife won't let me have it to begin with. She knows the evil that lurks in my funny bone  >:D
TC