Encampment Head Count

Started by CAPTShaw, November 20, 2008, 11:28:21 PM

CAPTShaw

How many attend the encampments?

Just in general, say for the year 2008?
Capt David Shaw, CAP SQ 606
Founder
Greene County Composite Squadron 606 (12JAN17)

addo1

A little more specific? Attend in what time period? This year? Ever? Where? :) I attended the Texas Wing Winter Encampment 2007 in the Honor Flight (India). It was a blast.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

Pylon

As mentioned, it varies wildly.  You can find attendance numbers for in-flight cadets and cadet staff for the New York Wing encampments from 2008 back to 1964 at: http://nywgcadets.org/nyw_enc_history.html

This past year at NYWG had 128 in-flights and 51 cadet staff.  It's hovered around this number for several years due to the capacity limitations at their current host facility.  People get wait-listed each year.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

addo1

Quote from: Pylon on November 21, 2008, 12:37:41 AM
As mentioned, it varies wildly.  You can find attendance numbers for in-flight cadets and cadet staff for the New York Wing encampments from 2008 back to 1964 at: http://nywgcadets.org/nyw_enc_history.html

This past year at NYWG had 128 in-flights and 51 cadet staff.  It's hovered around this number for several years due to the capacity limitations at their current host facility.  People get wait-listed each year.

Same with Texas wing. Texas wing has listings of their staff and flight assignments for a ways back... http://www.texascadet.org/
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

JC004

If you want PAWG numbers, Willa Hayes has a set of index cards with stats for past years.

ol'fido

IL had 172 total cadets plus senior staff of about 50.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

SWASH

The biggest encampment I've been to was my basic.  12 Flights of about 13 cadets each, plus Cadet Staff & Senior Staff. 
CHRIS W. SAJDAK, C/SMSgt, CAP
2006-2007 SERWE Doolie, 2007-2008 SERWE Flight Sergeant
2008 ILWG Summer Encampment Flight Sergeant
08/09 FLWG Winter Encampemnt PAO

Kerrbie

Tri-wing encampment (MD, NAT CAP, AND DE) has 8 flights useally with about 22 cadets each the 2 female flights are slightly smaller. with about 50-60 cadet staff and then you have all your officer staff. 2008 Encampment was compleatly full and then we also had a leadership academy that also took place on the same base.

and I know for a fact in 2007 we had 250 cadets plus cadet staff and officer staff. (Encampment admin in 07')
C/2nd Lt Katheryn Kerr, CAP
Cadet Deputy Commander, Group 2
Carroll Composite Squadron, MD Wing, MER

Larry Mangum

Washington WIng at Nort Fort Lewis has had as many as 300 people counting basics, cadet staff and seniors at one time.  Unfortunately, Nort Fort is no longer available due to base realignments so current encampment are only around 100 people total.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

ol'fido

IL Summer Encampment will be limited to 172 beds for cadets again this year. They had to turn people down last year because there was literally no room at the inn. Get your apps in early.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

DC

At the 05-06 SERWE there were 11 flights of 12 or so cadets each, plus cadet staff. Probably in the neighborhood of 200 cadets..

Stonewall

In 1989 I applied for one of three encampments Florida Wing was holding.  I got turned down because they had so many first time applicants and I was only a C/Sgt.  To be on staff, you had to be C/TSgt or higher.  At least that's the excuse they gave me.

Three encampments over the summer...fully booked.  How times have changed.
Serving since 1987.

BillB

Stoney.... In the 1960's two, 200 to 300 basic cadet encampments each year were the norm. Plus two Cadet Command and Staff Schools prior to the encampments. Often there was also a smaller, limited to 100 cadets Winter Encampment to qualify cadets to apply for Special Activities that required an Encampment completion. The largest encampment during that period was one summer when one encampoment had 225, and the 2nd one had 350. Of course during that period, more USAF bases were available and USAF-CAP Liaison Officers went all out to support the cadet program.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Sleepwalker

SERWE 06-07 had around 300 Basic Cadets plus about 40 Advanced Training Cadets.  I don't know how many Staff Cadets there were, but it was a bunch  (Ft. Benning, GA).
A Thiarna, déan trócaire