Main Menu

Does NESA do RST?

Started by Eclipse, August 16, 2008, 03:12:57 AM

Pathfinder

Actually they had a system in place long before RST and it actually goes beyond what RST does including dealing with special needs.  A primary concern with such physical activities is not taking proper care of personnel- which their risk assessment does.   It is operated as a mission.

There are reasons that NESA approached CAP leadership to use the program they had in place.  I won't go into those reasons here, but there was a program in place already working.  The leadership above seemed to feel it was covered.  Their plans had been reviewed by both safety and cadet programs at the time. 

While there are many not big on cadet special activities or opportunities for cadets, it is nice to work toward giving them the opportunity to earn a special activity ribbon and opportunities.  It is the largest CAP activity other than the National Board Meeting.

You should try attending some training there sometime JB and find out more about there program. 

John Bryan

Pathfinder,

Thanks for the reply. I think that last reply really answered the question well. It is good to know they go beyond RST. I wish NHQ/CP would consider this approach for all the activities. Lets face it the hazing risk for encampment or hawk is higher then AEA, ATA, or AMMA. It would be great if they replaced the one size fits all, with RST leason plans for each of the NCSAs and encampment.

As for coming to NESA....I really would love to. It is on a long list of CAP events I would still like to do. After 20 years of encampments, NCSAs, and other CAP events I have still been unable to get to them all. Of course they keep adding new ones so I might never get to them all.  ;)