Main Menu

ideas!

Started by sarflyer, August 15, 2008, 05:56:57 PM

sarflyer

Hello all!

I am the webmaster for the new NESA website which is under development.  I would like to get ideas from the masses on what they would like to see there. 

I won't guarantee anything but I'm willing to take suggestions.  Comedy is always welcome!  Go Trunk Monkey!

Shoot your ideas my way and I'll take a look see!  ;D

Thanks All!
Lt. Col. Paul F. Rowen, CAP
MAWG Director of Information Technology
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

stratoflyer

Have a bloopers page.
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

davidsinn

Keep the projects that are on there. But get rid of the huge OPSEC violation on the antenna project.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

sarflyer

Ok,

What antenna project are you talking about?  ???

This is the National Emergency Services Academy website.  You sure your talking about the right place?
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

sarflyer

Wow I'm surprised people didn't jump on the opportunity to add content!

Sorry no blooper page although it would be funny!
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

flyguy06

When will the dates for NESA next year be posted?

CASH172

I think maybe a resource of maps and other geographical information of the local training area.  It would be nice to know for GSAR what you might be walking into.  Also for MAS, it would be nice to know what type of skies you'd be going into and what type of terrain you'd be looking at.  Just a suggestion.

_

Quote from: CASH172 on August 18, 2008, 02:41:55 AM
I think maybe a resource of maps and other geographical information of the local training area.  It would be nice to know for GSAR what you might be walking into.  Also for MAS, it would be nice to know what type of skies you'd be going into and what type of terrain you'd be looking at.  Just a suggestion.

Adapting to the environment is part of the training experience.  On a real mission you're not going to have months to examine maps ans areal photos.  You know it's at Camp Atterbury and that's enough.

As for the site I'd say give photos from the activities a high priority.  Often times people choose which activity they go to by what it'll look like you'll be doing there.  I'd also add something about the history of the school.

_

Quote from: flyguy06 on August 18, 2008, 02:32:18 AM
When will the dates for NESA next year be posted?

Don't know when they'll be posted but I know one week is the week of July 4th.

_

Quote from: sarflyer on August 17, 2008, 03:33:18 PM
Wow I'm surprised people didn't jump on the opportunity to add content!

Are you on Facebook?  I know there are a lot of people who have gone to NESA on there.  I know of at least 5 group pages dedicated to aspects of NESA.  That might be a good place to solicit ideas.

davidsinn

Quote from: sarflyer on August 16, 2008, 03:33:38 PM
Ok,

What antenna project are you talking about?  ???

This is the National Emergency Services Academy website.  You sure your talking about the right place?

http://cap-es.net/ That has a link to the NESA MAS which leads one to believe that's the NESA site.

project has the OPSEC violation
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

sarflyer

Thanks for the input.  I will check out Facebook.

Also I see the opsec violation you are talking about.
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov