Encampment Continuity Resource Sites?

Started by JC004, August 01, 2008, 06:39:06 PM

JC004

Are any other wings currently keeping their continuity documents online for Encampments and similar activities?  (either public access pages or member areas)  I'm trying to start one for PAWG, and I was wondering what had been done before in other wings.

IceNine

New York

I'm working on my personal Continuity files for Illinois Spring

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Chappie

While it may not be an Encampment Continuity Book....a few years ago I put together a Journal for the Encampment Chaplain (sort of a manual for Encampment Chaplains) for the CAWG Chaplain Service.   Background: have served on Encampment Staff since 1997.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

JC004

Quote from: IceNine on August 01, 2008, 07:26:34 PM
New York

I'm working on my personal Continuity files for Illinois Spring

NY's is pretty cool...What are you doing for IL?

Quote from: Chappie on August 01, 2008, 10:15:32 PM
While it may not be an Encampment Continuity Book....a few years ago I put together a Journal for the Encampment Chaplain (sort of a manual for Encampment Chaplains) for the CAWG Chaplain Service.   Background: have served on Encampment Staff since 1997.

Have you made it available?

IceNine

I am collecting my personal files, records etc, and posting them on the weboffice that we use to run the pre-encampment planning process.

I haven't thought of making it public, this may be a valuable category to add to the best practices site
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

mikeylikey

COLGAN......I have records and files dating all the way back to 1997 if you are totally serious about starting a continuity file.  I will mail them to you if you want them.  The PAWG historian didn't want them, guess keeping records is not part of the historical process. 

What's up monkeys?

ZigZag911

This is an outstanding idea!

It ought to be copied as a 'best practice' not only for encampments, but for all other courses and events (flight encampments, SLS, wing conference, and so forth).

It will ease the burden on an officer stepping into a new job, and, if not exactly historical, will serve as a real 'institutional memory' tool.

JC004

Quote from: IceNine on August 02, 2008, 02:24:49 AM
I am collecting my personal files, records etc, and posting them on the weboffice that we use to run the pre-encampment planning process.

I haven't thought of making it public, this may be a valuable category to add to the best practices site

Doooo iiiiiit.

Quote from: mikeylikey on August 02, 2008, 04:00:43 AM
COLGAN......I have records and files dating all the way back to 1997 if you are totally serious about starting a continuity file.  I will mail them to you if you want them.  The PAWG historian didn't want them, guess keeping records is not part of the historical process.

11 years of crap?  That's like Captain-level sorting.  I can't do that until my Captain is complete.

Quote from: ZigZag911 on August 02, 2008, 04:13:31 AM
This is an outstanding idea!

It ought to be copied as a 'best practice' not only for encampments, but for all other courses and events (flight encampments, SLS, wing conference, and so forth).

It will ease the burden on an officer stepping into a new job, and, if not exactly historical, will serve as a real 'institutional memory' tool.

I agree.  Some folks said "well, it changes every year" and such, but I think that the files are important to have anyway.  That way a new staff member/commander can say "that's a good piece, lets keep that" or "I don't like that method, let's do it this way."  At least it gives them insight into past issues, best practices, etc., so they can plan ahead better, even if they don't just print and distribute the continuity file.