TXWG Winter Encampment

Started by jb512, October 28, 2007, 11:45:55 PM

AlphaSigOU

Two days to go... well, one for me, as I will be traveling down to Camp Swift on the afternoon of Christmas Day to get admin set up for the encampment.

See you all in Camp Swift!
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

scott2999

I noticed that a lot of the guys at Camp Swift (Winter Encampment) had High & Tight haircuts that looked way better than from any barber I've had.

Does anybody know if any cadets got haircuts during Winter Encampment or has everyone already gotten them by the time they arrive in Bastrop?  Is there a particular barber shop around there that people in the military use there?

DNall

Well that's a year old thread... but get your hair cut before you show up. If it's not in regs when you get there & you do have the opportunity to get it cut, I wouldn't expect a whole lot left.

Second, this year's winter encampment is not at Swift (unfortunately). It's at the Alert Academy. See texascadet.org for details. As I understand, they signed a 3yr contract over there.

After that, TXARNG-RTI is currently building a large new facility in another section of Camp Swift. That'll be open by then & will relieve the overcrowding issues that have kept us out of the booked up facilities there, and caused the higher costs for using the place. We should have basically free use of the RTI facility for encampments when it is complete.