Powered Flight Academy

Started by Timkd6, August 03, 2013, 12:55:48 AM

Timkd6

How selective are national powered flight academies? I will be applying to the one in Bangor, ME and am curious as to whether a cadet technical sergeant who has only been in CAP for one year has a decent chance of being accepted. Thanks!

Garibaldi

Quote from: Timkd6 on August 03, 2013, 12:55:48 AM
How selective are national powered flight academies? I will be applying to the one in Bangor, ME and am curious as to whether a cadet technical sergeant who has only been in CAP for one year has a decent chance of being accepted. Thanks!

Not to burst your bubble, but highly doubtful that with 1 year in you would be accepted. What other things have you done in CAP? Any other NCSAs or encampments? They look at your career as a whole and what you've done. It also depends on how many people apply who have a better resume than you. Try, because you never know. You might be one of 10 people that even apply. There's always a chance.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Timkd6

Yes, I thought I might have less experience than the average applicant. I read the Bangor Academy had about 100 applicants but only 18 attended. I have been to one encampment, done 3 O-flights, and have earned the AFA ribbon. If the only factors considered are age, longevity, rank and previous NCSAs, I score low on most of those. Oh well, there's always next year!

AngelWings

Quote from: Timkd6 on August 03, 2013, 02:11:40 AM
Yes, I thought I might have less experience than the average applicant. I read the Bangor Academy had about 100 applicants but only 18 attended. I have been to one encampment, done 3 O-flights, and have earned the AFA ribbon. If the only factors considered are age, longevity, rank and previous NCSAs, I score low on most of those. Oh well, there's always next year!
You can still try and apply for other NCSA's as well. Nothing says you can't do something just as fun, and applications begin early next year. If you have more under your belt, you could make it.

HGjunkie

It's certainly not impossible, we had a C/A1C at NFAP-NCR this year. That might be because of his age though.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF