Main Menu

Test control shred number

Started by shorning, March 11, 2006, 09:00:35 AM

shorning

Does any one know how a wing goes about reacquiring a test control shred number after they lost it?  For reasons unknown to me, we have lost ours here.  I've been informally asked to look into what we need to do to get a new one.  I've looked through CAPR 50-4 and it doesn't really address how to get one.  I have to do some more sifting through the Knowledge Base, but so far I really haven't found anything relevant.

Thanks for your help.

dwb

I'm confused ???

The shred code is basically the zip code + 4 of the Wing HQ.

For example, NYWG: Garden City, NY  11530-4856
AFIADL shred code: 115304856-2

You can look up all the shred codes here.

Edited to add: Hot [darn], I should have checked the link.  I have  no idea why HIWG doesn't have one...

shorning

Quote from: justin_bailey on March 11, 2006, 01:41:24 PM
Edited to add: Hot [darn], I should have checked the link.  I have  no idea why HIWG doesn't have one...

Exactly.  We lost ours.  I think I know why, but that's irrelevant for now.  I'm just trying to figure out how to get it back.  I think I have an idea, but I don't know if there is something I'm missing.

Pace

I heard a few weeks back (or was in months) that one wing was being investigated for AFIADL test security violations.  As a result, said wing's privilege to take AFIADL courses was suspended.  I don't personally know which wing this was, but could that be your problem?
Lt Col, CAP

shorning

Quote from: dcpacemaker on March 11, 2006, 07:57:10 PM
I heard a few weeks back (or was in months) that one wing was being investigated for AFIADL test security violations.  As a result, said wing's privilege to take AFIADL courses was suspended.  I don't personally know which wing this was, but could that be your problem?

I really don't know.  I'm coming into this after the fact.  I've seen wings get suspended before, so it's not a surprise.  I've just never hear what it takes to get the shred code back. 

Nick

Contact AU/CFRR at DSN 493-8128 or -1240 and see what the story is.  They will deactivate TCF's that do not regularly request tests, so it's possible you were just deactivated because of inactivity.  You can either explain our unique situation of infrequent testing requirements and see if they'll reestablish a TCF for you, or make friends with the local base ed offices and ask them to serve as the TCF.  You might even be able to do E-Exams at a base TCF, which beats the heck out of paper exams.

Side note: I checked the TCF list and your wing definitely isn't on there... but neither are a few others.
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

SarDragon

Quote from: mclarty on March 13, 2006, 06:34:20 AM
Contact AU/CFRR at DSN 493-8128 or -1240 and see what the story is.  They will deactivate TCF's that do not regularly request tests, so it's possible you were just deactivated because of inactivity.  You can either explain our unique situation of infrequent testing requirements and see if they'll reestablish a TCF for you, or make friends with the local base ed offices and ask them to serve as the TCF.  You might even be able to do E-Exams at a base TCF, which beats the heck out of paper exams.

Side note: I checked the TCF list and your wing definitely isn't on there... but neither are a few others.

Who else is missing? Four columns, 13 entries in each - makes 52.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Nick

Ah never mind, every wing in the country has their TCF listed on the AFIADL list as "CIVIL AIR PATROL XX WG" except for Kansas, so it missed my count.  We're back down to just one wing missing a TCF. :)
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

shorning

Quote from: mclarty on March 13, 2006, 06:58:29 AMAh never mind, every wing in the country has their TCF listed on the AFIADL list as "CIVIL AIR PATROL XX WG" except for Kansas, so it missed my count.  We're back down to just one wing missing a TCF.

Trust me.  Hawaii Wing does not have a TCF.  I have a couple ideas why we lost our shred code, but the "why" really doesn't matter.  I'm focusing on the resolution.

Quote from: mclarty on March 13, 2006, 06:34:20 AM...or make friends with the local base ed offices and ask them to serve as the TCF. 

Yes, I can do my tests through Hickam.  However, that doesn't work for anyone not on Oahu.  We need a solution that will work for the entire wing.