Main Menu

CAP Holiday Parties

Started by Pylon, December 06, 2005, 03:35:50 PM

Pylon

So how many units do something for the holidays:  (A cocktail reception, a dinner or banquet, or a secret santa/present exchange or anything like that)?

Our Group HQ holds a holiday get-together in place of the usual monthly business meeting, which is a nice repreieve and a good chance to chat and relax with the other staff members.

One of the unit's in the Group has a holiday party for squadron members.  One of my squadrons, however, doesn't generally do anything.  I guess it all depends!  :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Mac

We do pretty much the same thing in my unit. We hold our holiday party in place of our squadron meeting just prior to Christmas. It is always an event for the entire family, and everyone brings something for the others to enjoy. It a night for everyone to relax, and tell stories about their year(s) in CAP and had out a few special awards.

We usually hold it at the local air museum (which has a nice CAP display). Then we take the rest of the month off from meetings until after the new year.
Derk MacPherson, Lt Col, CAP
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

MIKE

We've got a Holiday party on the schedule for 21 December.  Our Halloween party is probably a little more unique than the Holiday Party though since the "uniform of the day" is usually a costume... Or if you're like me, you wear civvies.  Events include donut eating (Suspended from string without using your hands.  ;D),  snacking and socializing, and a costume judging.

Not sure if we'll have any special events for this years Holiday party, but the snacking and socializing is pretty much a given .

Mike Johnston

BlueLakes1

We run a weeklong wing SAREX between Christmas and New Years. I think the 30th will be the final day (unless we use all the money sooner) and we'll have a dinner on the 30th.
Col Matthew Creed, CAP
GLR/CC

JaL5597

I get to go to 2 holiday partys.

The wing one is for the squadron commanders, cadet advisory council and wing staff.  There will be a short joint wing staff/squadron commanders meeting and a brief cac meeting.

The wing staff do not have their meeting and its pretty much if you have something to do come and work if not don't come for the rest of the month.

The squadron I am transfering to is assisting at an Air Guard Christmas party for children from one of the state homes.  The squadron party will be right before new years.  Small pizza party from what I have been told.

capchiro

It looks like we will hold our Christmas party on the 22nd.  We encourage everyone to bring their family so we can meet and talk (recruit parents)Everyone brings a pot luck dish, the squadron provides Pizza and drinks.  The cadets exchange gifts with a limit of $10.00, by pulling numbers at the party and retrieving the gift under the tree.  If we have any unusual awards, we usually give them at the party.  So far it has been a good time every year (this will be our fourth one)
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

afgeo4

Last year we had one of our squadron members who also moonlights as a USAF recruiter bring the Raptor to the party and we all sat around eating food that cadets' parents brought in and soda and watched Elf on the Raptor's flat screen tv.  Good times!

Unfortunately, TSgt Granda is no longer with CAP since he will be PCS'ing to Korea soon, so the party this year will be slightly different.  Not sure of the format yet since the cadets are planning it.
GEORGE LURYE

Pylon

Quote from: afgeo4 on December 16, 2005, 05:38:20 AM
Last year we had one of our squadron members who also moonlights as a USAF recruiter bring the Raptor to the party and we all sat around eating food that cadets' parents brought in and soda and watched Elf on the Raptor's flat screen tv.  Good times!

Unfortunately, TSgt Granda is no longer with CAP since he will be PCS'ing to Korea soon, so the party this year will be slightly different.  Not sure of the format yet since the cadets are planning it.

Ah yes, good times if I recall correctly.

The Group HQ just had their Holiday party last night.  It was very nice... just casual hanging out at the base's All Services Club (the brand new, remodeled all services club!) with some snacks and whatnot.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

dwb

I went to CAP two nights in a row this week!!!!(!)

The holiday party last night was nice, though the weather probably prevented a better turnout.  It's funny, I've been out of the loop for four months, and it seems like nothing has changed.  I might as well have been gone for a week.

To my knowledge, next week's party at the squadron is just going to be snacks and refreshments.  No multimedia vehicle to watch movies on.  Maybe people will bring games to play, or we can have a singalong! (joking)

Xeno

We had our annual christmas party last week. Food, awards, socializing, and all that good stuff. Cadets took turns playing chess most of the night. Of course, cadets are also encouraged to bring their families. Cadet's families are encouraged to cook something good for us.  ;D
C/1st Lt. Josh Sims
C/CC SWR-AR-095

121.5 -- If you crash, we will dash...

Horn229

My wing CAC has a party planned for tomorrow, from what I hear were supposed to have 70+ people there. Should be interesting. :)
NICHOLAS A. HORN, Senior Member, CAP

afgeo4

Hmm... shall I take the non-invite to the Group party as a hint?
GEORGE LURYE