Start of Specialty Training?

Started by RADIOMAN015, August 03, 2007, 05:53:06 PM

RADIOMAN015

Before a commander enters someone into a specific specialty training track in the national computer data base, does that member has to have a permanent ID card (e.g. fingerprint/records check with FBI ok)?  I can't seem to find this requirement in the regulation.   ??? >:(   

IceNine

Its a good idea... You never know how their prints are going to come back.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Al Sayre

If I recall correctly, eServices won't let you enter them until Level 1 is completed, so it's usually moot as most have their permenant ID before the finish Level1...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

RogueLeader

Quote from: Al Sayre on August 03, 2007, 05:56:29 PM
If I recall correctly, eServices won't let you enter them until Level 1 is completed, so it's usually moot as most have their permenant ID before the finish Level1...
True, mostly,  CPPT and the orientation course must be recognized by NHQ in order to enter Specialty tracks.  As of April/May, Opsec was not a restriction into SpecTracks.  I'm not sure if that has changed yet.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

lordmonar

They have to have their CAPID to start level I.

They don't need their permanant ID CARD as that may take seveal weeks...but once the initial application is accepted and they show up in CAPWATCH they can start their level I and take their ES tests on-line.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

While yes you can take your ES test online before you get the level 1, stuff has to be back dated. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

floridacyclist

I'd say don't rush the start of specialty training. Too many times a new member is brought in and asked right off the bat "What job can you do for us?". Under our new OTS model, that question doesn't get seriously asked until about week 10 after they've been through level 1, SLS, and actually have a clue as to what all CAP and hte different jobs and tracks are about as well as a sense of what is needed in the squadron (since folks like to feel needed...let them identify a need they can fill). If you push for encourage an early decision, you just end up with folks who aren't in a job they really want to be in.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org