Main Menu

TLC Seminars around NER?

Started by Pylon, January 24, 2007, 03:27:45 AM

Pylon

Anybody aware of any upcoming TLC seminars in the NER area?  NYWG hasn't had one north of NYC since the new program has been out, and it's been seriously hampering my professional development progression -- it's the last component I've needed to finish Level III for well over a year and a half now. 

I obviously need to take it elsewhere to not be held up by the lack of diverse PD available in a large wing like NY.  Anybody aware of upcoming seminars behind held in your area?  NHQ doesn't maintain a central calendar of these sessions like they do for SLS, CLC, UCC, etc. (very convenient, I might add).   ::)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

You missed a good one hosted by NER about a year ago.  ;D
Mike Johnston

DNall

You're welcome down to Texas. I'm teaching one in March in Houston, got another in April in San Antonio I think.

captrncap

Long Island Group is hosting a SLS on 31 March - 01 April 07.

Pumbaa

Pylon, I am in the same boat as you.  Seems everything is down state. The times I was going to fly to LI, the weather turned funky.  I am just south of you off route 81.

DNall.. SA huh? Loved the river walk... Well I am not allowed to go to SA any more (Or TX for that matter).. I Got into real big trouble last time... I'll be better steer clear...

davedove

MDWG has one tentatively scheduled for July this year.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Pylon

Quote from: captrncap on January 24, 2007, 07:54:59 AM

SLS or TLC?   ???

captrncap

Quote from: Pylon on January 24, 2007, 02:03:07 PM

SLS or TLC?   ???

Sorry, my mistake misread "NHQ doesn't maintain a central calendar of these sessions like they do for SLS, CLC, UCC, etc.". Thought someone was looking for a SLS in NYWG.

Pylon

Quote from: captrncap on January 25, 2007, 03:02:22 AM
Quote from: Pylon on January 24, 2007, 02:03:07 PM

SLS or TLC?   ???

Sorry, my mistake misread "NHQ doesn't maintain a central calendar of these sessions like they do for SLS, CLC, UCC, etc.". Thought someone was looking for a SLS in NYWG.

No problem.  I just meant that NHQ maintains a central calendar for SLS, CLC, UCC, and other PD courses being offered anywhere in the nation.  But they don't track TLC.   :-\

dwb

June 2-3, 2007.  Syracuse, NY.

It should be on the Wing calendar in the next day or two (I know, famous last words).

I'm the director, so feel free to ask questions.

acarlson

We're in discussions for a TLC at PA Wing Group 3 ...  I've got the TLC Director ready to go... I'm doing the logistics to get it set up.

and I know MD Wing has one scheduled for July 21-22, 2007

Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
PDO, PAO, Pers, & Historian
Doylestown Composite Squadron 907
Doylestown PA

fyrfitrmedic

How does the 'new' TLC compare to its predecessor?

I took the predecessor course at FIG several years ago and was mildly underwhelmed.
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

DNall

Just got a notice about one being done by NHQ in conjunction w/ Nat Conf in Atl this summer.
QuoteDates of Course:   Tuesday 7 August (10am â€" 5pm) thru Wednesday 8 August  (8:30am â€" 4:30pm).  Times are tentative.

Fee:    Minimal / TBA

Eligibility:   Any senior member who supports cadets, especially at squadron level, is welcome. Sorry, no cadets.

Hotel & Conference Info:   See www.cap.gov and click “events” for general info

To Pre-Register:  Email your name, CAPID, and a daytime phone number to clafond@cap.gov by 1 July.  Please put “Atlanta TLC” in the subject line of your email.

Confirmation:  If a sufficient number of students pre-register, we will host the course. Either way, we will contact all members who pre-register and announce the status of the course by 6 July.

Please help spread the word in your wings. Stay tuned for more information about cadet-related seminars being planned for the National Board & Annual Conference. Thank you.

Sincerely,
- curt

CURT LAFOND
Chief, Cadet Programs

JC004

Quote from: fyrfitrmedic on February 02, 2007, 05:11:18 AM
How does the 'new' TLC compare to its predecessor?

I took the predecessor course at FIG several years ago and was mildly underwhelmed.

It is completely different and far better.

Linky

Robert Hartigan

I think there is a TLC here in the Cleveland, Ohio area. I think it is Feb 17 and 18. Check the Ohio Wing web site. Last I checked they are still taking students.

BTW, Cleveland used to be part of Connecticut, you know the Western Reserve, I know it is a stretch to prove a link to NER.
<><><>#996
GRW   #2717

acarlson

Update on our TLC...

We're in discussions for a TLC at PA Wing Group 3 ...

We're looking at late July or August to hold at Quakertown, PA Airport...  details are progressing.
Thanks
Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
Doylestown PA

Capt M. Sherrod

If anyone knows of any others I'd greatly appreciate it.  I spoke with Col. Treadwell at the disaster that was the Maguire Air Show (Separate topic) and he indicated he was looking at holding on at Westover ARB, MA sometime in March.  He also indicated that he might consider holding one at Hanscom AFB, MA in September or October if he could utilize the Family Readiness Center.  I've sent him the available dates, however, there has been no word back (surprising to anyone?)  Thanks for the insight.
Michael Sherrod, Capt, CAP
Professional Development Officer
Hanscom Composite Squadron, NER-MA-043

Pylon

Quote from: m_e_sherrod on May 29, 2007, 03:55:10 PM
If anyone knows of any others I'd greatly appreciate it.  I spoke with Col. Treadwell at the disaster that was the Maguire Air Show (Separate topic) and he indicated he was looking at holding on at Westover ARB, MA sometime in March.  He also indicated that he might consider holding one at Hanscom AFB, MA in September or October if he could utilize the Family Readiness Center.  I've sent him the available dates, however, there has been no word back (surprising to anyone?)  Thanks for the insight.

http://syracusecap.org/tlc/

This weekend.  Contact Course Director Maj Brodsky for more info.  :)

dwb

Well, registration for our TLC has ended.

However, I'd be willing to discuss what it's like to plan and run one, if there is a potential director that is considering it.

FWIW, we have 16 folks registered, spanning eight Squadrons and five Groups across upstate New York.  Our instructors come from three Groups, plus Mr. LaFond from NHQ.

Should be a good time.

Capt M. Sherrod

Quote from: Pylon on May 29, 2007, 04:01:54 PM

Thank you for the info, however, if I tried to duck out this weekend I'd end up coming home a single man...

Attending TLC for CAP (Come and Pay)

Take Wife out to Dinner & Movie for 5th Wedding Anniversary - $100

Take Family out to celebrate oldest daughter's 3rd B-Day - $175

Skipping all of the above to attend TLC for CAP - $$$$$$ uncountable (due to reprecussions.....)

I think I'll try and motivate the Col. to schedule it.

mikeylikey

Quote from: m_e_sherrod on May 29, 2007, 04:44:07 PM

Thank you for the info, however, if I tried to duck out this weekend I'd end up coming home a single man...

Skipping all of the above to attend TLC for CAP - $$$$$$ uncountable (due to reprecussions.....)

.......priceless.....for everything else there's Mastercard!
What's up monkeys?

SJFedor

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 29, 2007, 05:18:28 PM

Divorce lawyers don't take mastercard.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

JC004

Quote from: SJFedor on May 29, 2007, 06:58:03 PM
Quote from: mikeylikey on May 29, 2007, 05:18:28 PM

Divorce lawyers don't take mastercard.

I bet said lawyers in Vegas do...

afgeo4

I've never met a lawyer who wouldn't take money in any form.
GEORGE LURYE

Pylon

Quote from: afgeo4 on May 30, 2007, 04:25:10 AM

My lawyer, oddly enough for being so expensive, takes no credit cards.  Cash or check only.

afgeo4

Quote from: Pylon on May 30, 2007, 04:30:46 AM
Quote from: afgeo4 on May 30, 2007, 04:25:10 AM

My lawyer, oddly enough for being so expensive, takes no credit cards.  Cash or check only.

Sheesh... you'd think he'd make an exception for you seeing how much business you give him.  ;)
GEORGE LURYE

Capt M. Sherrod

* BUMP *

Now, to get back on topic...

Is anyone aware of any other TLC's in the NER coming up.  I'm still trying to coordinate with my Wing DCP and Region DCP, but no update on that front yet.

dwb

I think they want to run one in Western New York in the fall, but no dates have been thrown out yet.  If you'd like, I can E-mail you when I find out more about it.

BTW, the press release from my TLC: http://nywg.cap.gov/12June07b.htm  I think it went well.  I'm the guy on the left in the blazer combo with my eyes shut.  :-\

I definitely wouldn't want to have more attendees than what we had, since it is largely discussion oriented.

acarlson

Quote from: m_e_sherrod on June 19, 2007, 01:04:46 PM
* BUMP *

Now, to get back on topic...

Is anyone aware of any other TLC's in the NER coming up.  I'm still trying to coordinate with my Wing DCP and Region DCP, but no update on that front yet.

Yep... we're still on for a TLC in Eastern PA... Group 3 / Group 4 Joint effort... dates TBD... but probably will fall in the Sept/ Oct range.

you can contact me to be added to the "interested" email list.
Use Subject line:  "PAWG Grp 3/4 TLC email list"

Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
Doylestown PA