White on Aquamarine Military Badges

Started by Timbeau, February 05, 2010, 02:52:34 AM

Timbeau

Hi all

New guy here.

I'm prior service Army, and am looking for a place where I can purchase Basic Parachutist and Air Assault badges in white on aquamarine cloth. Can one of you folks here point me in the right direction?

Much thanks

lordmonar

oops broken link.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Hawk200

There's a few places, depending on what you need. Williams & Williams, BattleZone, a few others.

What badges are you looking for?

Stonewall

Like this?

Spur Name Tapes 1800nametapes.com.   They look identical to the standard military badges.  Just call them and tell them exactly what you want, "white on ultramarine blue Airborne and Air Assault".  Again, they perfectly done and only at $2 a set.
Serving since 1987.

Timbeau

Perfect! I knew you guys would come through. I'll order them immediately.

Thanks, guys...

TACP

These are great! Thanks for the info Stonewall.

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Timbeau

Quote from: MIKE on February 05, 2010, 03:53:12 AM
It's actually ultramarine blue.

I just saw that in my 'Uniforms' section of the Foundations course and was coming here to correct my mistake, but you beat me to it. I guess one has to be quick around here.

Thanks again...

flyguy06

I wear white on blue jumpwings as well.

DakRadz

P.S. Subdued military badges are authorized for BDUs. Just in case you really want to wear them while you wait for the new ones to ship. Or if you don't like the look of ultramarine blue.

DC

Quote from: DakRadz on July 29, 2010, 05:47:29 PM
P.S. Subdued military badges are authorized for BDUs. Just in case you really want to wear them while you wait for the new ones to ship. Or if you don't like the look of ultramarine blue.
Cite please?

DakRadz

Quote from:  CAPM 39-1 PAGE 326. Military Aviation Badges: Embroidered (subdued or white on blue), centered 1/2 inch below the CAP
aviation badge above left breast pocket

Page 32, Bullet number 6. Page 33 has it as well for the M-65 field jacket

Quote from:  CAPM 39-1 PAGE 336. Military Aviation Badges: Embroidered (subdued or white on blue), centered 1/2 inch below the CAP

Same wording, but just so you can see.

DC

Quote from: DakRadz on July 29, 2010, 05:52:17 PM
Quote from:  CAPM 39-1 PAGE 326. Military Aviation Badges: Embroidered (subdued or white on blue), centered 1/2 inch below the CAP

Quote from:  CAPM 39-1 PAGE 336. Military Aviation Badges: Embroidered (subdued or white on blue), centered 1/2 inch below the CAP

You learn something new everyday... Thanks!

DakRadz

I just made a whole lot of prior/current service Volunteers very happy, didn't I?

:D

I actually wanted to check this because our AD USAF Capt was wearing subdued wings (A-10 pilot) on his CAP BDUs... He's a nice guy and all, but I wanted to see if it was in regs (plus I would never have seen him again, most likely)- more of a "for future reference" deal.

You're all welcome, and that'll be a small fee of 4.99 USD for services rendered ;D

N Harmon

Quote from: DakRadz on July 29, 2010, 05:52:17 PM

Are Airborne and Air Assault badges considered Military Aviation Badges?
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

DakRadz

Well, now...

For the CAP badges, this is the note:

Quote from: CAPM 39-1 PAGE 32CAP Aviation Badges and Specialty Insignia: Embroidered, worn 1/2 inch above the cloth “Civil Air Patrol”
tape worn over the left breast pocket. If both devices are worn, aviation badges should be 1/2 inch above
specialty insignia.

So it addresses specialty insignia. Now, there is nothing I can find addressing military badges other than the quote in my other post; however, I am led to believe (I don't know where the regulation is) that Air Assault and Airborne (along with certain others from the various services) badges are indeed authorized for wear.

So they are authorized, but not addressed?

If they ARE in the Aviation category, disregard.

NIN

There has been, in the past, some question as to the Bullwinkle Badge on the CAP uniform. 

In the USAF, you can't wear Air Assault on the AF uniform unless you're assigned to an Army unit (ie. TACPs, that sort of thing).  So if you get assigned the 101st as a TACP, and you've been to "Dope on a Rope" school, you can wear it for the duration of your assignment there. If your follow on assignment is with the 9251st Special Tactics and Messkit Repair Group out of Slackwater AFB, AR, well, off comes the AAB.

Jump wings are a different matter, since USAF personnel go to BAS & the USAFA jump course regardless of their potential for assignment to an Army unit, and are thus worn on the AF uniform.

Paragraph  6-7 of the 39-1 says that only those US Military badges which are authorized for wear on the USAF uniform may be worn on the CAP uniform, and to refer to table 6-5 for a list of those badges.   Then we find that table 6-5 does list the AAB, so as far as 39-1 goes, the AAB, and others as listed, such as jumpwings and other service's aviation badges and specialty insignias, are cool.  That guidance is somewhat contrary to the USAF guidance on the wear of that particular badge, but hey, thats what our manual says.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

kd8gua

It's interesting that the 39-1 only allows for wear of USAF-acceptable badges, but allows for wear of military ribbons from any AD branch. One of my old squadron commanders, back a number of years ago, was a former Navy fighter pilot in Vietnam. He wore all of his Navy decorations, as well as his Navy wings. I don't recall his BDU set up, but his blues most certainly had a pair of gold wings. Does this mean he shouldn't be wearing Navy wings, but is allowed to wear Navy ribbons (on blues)?

Seems odd to give a nod to one aspect of a person's military training, but not another... Hmm.
Capt Brad Thomas
Communications Officer
Columbus Composite Squadron

Assistant Cadet Programs Activities Officer
Ohio Wing HQ

DakRadz

Upon transferring branches, anyone can wear their ribbons from any service in whatever their new service is.
i.e. an enlisted soldier going through AFROTC could wear his prior Army ribbons (though unit awards [the big ones that go over the nametag] I'm not sure about). So we are doing the same as the USAF (and every other branch) in that regard.

As far as the wings, not sure. But considering he was a Navy pilot, fairly easy to just get civilian rated.

Pylon

Quote from: NIN on July 29, 2010, 06:55:33 PM
In the USAF, you can't wear Air Assault on the AF uniform unless you're assigned to an Army unit (ie. TACPs, that sort of thing).  So if you get assigned the 101st as a TACP, and you've been to "Dope on a Rope" school, you can wear it for the duration of your assignment there. If your follow on assignment is with the 9251st Special Tactics and Messkit Repair Group out of Slackwater AFB, AR, well, off comes the AAB.

Jump wings are a different matter, since USAF personnel go to BAS & the USAFA jump course regardless of their potential for assignment to an Army unit, and are thus worn on the AF uniform.

Paragraph  6-7 of the 39-1 says that only those US Military badges which are authorized for wear on the USAF uniform may be worn on the CAP uniform, and to refer to table 6-5 for a list of those badges.   Then we find that table 6-5 does list the AAB, so as far as 39-1 goes, the AAB, and others as listed, such as jumpwings and other service's aviation badges and specialty insignias, are cool.  That guidance is somewhat contrary to the USAF guidance on the wear of that particular badge, but hey, thats what our manual says.

It would appear the latest Air Force uniform board authorized permanent wear of the Air Assault badge on the AF BDU uniform at least, rescinding the previously-standing stipulation that it can only be worn while assigned to Army units.
Link

And excerpt:
Quote2) AUTHORIZE PERMANENT WEAR OF BLACK U.S. ARMY AIR ASSAULT BADGE ON THE BDU, REGARDLESS OF DUTY ASSIGNMENT, UPON GRADUATION FROM AIR ASSAULT SCHOOL

Since CAP's policy on military badges is almost essentially "what the Air Force allows on its uniforms", this would extend to CAP.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP