Forming GTM beret

Started by maverik, June 04, 2008, 03:38:58 AM

maverik

I was wondering how to form the Ground Team Member beret. Yeah but I think only certain wings have it.

Title spelling.  Moved topic - MIKE
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

♠SARKID♠

...there's a GTM beret?  You sure about that?  Last I checked, the only beret authorized for wear was the blue beret for attending NBB.

Flying Pig

Oh please......please say it isnt so :-\  I had a nightmare that started like this once.........

_

Does that mean I get one too?  Woohoo!!!  >:D ::)

CASH172

Can you please describe this beret.  What color, what goes on the front?  And who said it can be worn?

maverik

Dark blue,The flight cap insignia, an Indiana Wing. How do they form them at NBB?
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

LtCol White

There is NO beret authorized by NHQ or in 39-1 for wear by groundteam members. The ONLY beret presently authorized in CAP is for those who attend the Blue Beret Encampment. Period.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: LtCol White on June 04, 2008, 03:52:48 AM
There is NO beret authorized by NHQ or in 39-1 for wear by groundteam members. The ONLY beret presently authorized in CAP is for those who attend the Blue Beret Encampment. Period.

And how!

maverik

Sir that's a negative in IN wing GTM2 and above are authorized to wear the beret. I can try and find the reg it may take a few minutes though.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT

RiverAux

1.  Pick up beret
2.  Place 3 cans of spam in beret.
3.  Put beret in garbage can.

_

Not saying it's right but he's going by the wing's regs.  Here's Indiana's supliment to 39-1

.pdf

CASH172

Isn't Amy Courter supposed to be verify the INWG supplement is authorized.  If not it definitely should be.  A wing commander isn't supposed to have that kind of power.  The supplement has restrictions on wear of the beret, but I'm still not liking it.

RiverAux

Well, if nothing else, we now have another Wing whose headgear most of us can hate.  PA is no longer alone. 

Too bad, I had been developing a lot of respect for IN Wing based on their tremendous growth rate -- I thought that they must have been doing something right.  Maybe the increased sunlight to their foreheads stimulated their brains into a higher level of activity?

On the positive side, their supplement does have specific guidelines for unit patches. 

♠SARKID♠

Well, before this turns into an "Indiana looks French" thread, can someone answer the cadet's question?

_

If you're going to wear it then wear it correctly.  Here's a page with a pretty good basic guide of what to do.

link

maverik

I don't appreciate you guys dissing my home unit! >:( >:(. Thank you Bayhawk :D ;D
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT

Stonewall

Here, after simply typing in "forming a beret" into google, I found this.
Serving since 1987.

JC004

Quote from: RiverAux on June 04, 2008, 03:55:57 AM
1.  Pick up beret
2.  Place 3 cans of spam in beret.
3.  Put beret in garbage can.

Exactly how it's done.

SSgt Rudin

Quote from: colorguard_rifle on June 04, 2008, 03:55:44 AM
Sir that's a negative in IN wing GTM2 and above are authorized to wear the beret. I can try and find the reg it may take a few minutes though.

SSgt, thats a negative. Regardless of what "reg" you can find it violates 39-1 and is therefore irrelevant.
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

maverik

Yes sir I understand. Thank you. ;D :D ;)
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT