Another flightsuit idea....

Started by Hawk200, February 09, 2008, 06:08:08 PM

ddelaney103

Quote from: mikeylikey on March 08, 2008, 10:13:13 AM
Quote from: sardak on March 08, 2008, 09:31:01 AM
And since I've figured out the real interest on CAP Talk is, here is the Army Combat Shirt made of flame retardant material.

As a person who has seen that shirt walking around Army Posts, I am a true hater of it.  It borders on what the guy doing purchase orders in the basement of some startup IT firm would wear on casual Friday.  I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.  I pray when it finally hits (knowing it will because it is the Army), that local Commanders can decide its wear.  That way I will make sure none of my Soldiers are caught dead in it. 

Did I mention how much I hate that.  The wreaks of everything not military about a uniform.  Sure, if they want to design a new undershirt, that will not be seen under the ACU top, fine, but I would never allow that to be worn in any unit I command.  I am one of the hard-ass don't even take your ACU shirt off, even if you are sweating guys.  I am such a Patton when it comes to uniforms.  My first Command I had a standing order that soldiers on fatigue (racking the gravel parking lot, or digging holes) would not remove their BDU shirt, no matter the amount they perspired.  In my mind it just looks bad. 

Wow.....I almost forgot all about that shirt, thanks for bringing that back into the light.  I do believe Army times said within a year (if the Chief of Staff gets his act together soon) we will have many uniform changes in the Army, far more than what we could have in CAP. 

Wow, so much ignorance and arrogance in one post - I hardly know where to begin.

Let's start with the Army Combat Shirt.  The ACS is for wear under armor - that's why it doesn't have any bulky things like pockets on the torso.  It's not meant to be worn by itself or under an ACU shirt.

Second, I'm sorry the 21st Century military isn't adhering to your outdated sense of martial asthetics.  I know you long for the days of leather neck stocks and shakos, but you have to make do with starched BDU's and dog dished covers instead.

Try getting over yourself for once.  The uniform is just another tool in the business of waging war.  War changes, and the tools change - hopefully, before it costs us too much blood or treasure because of having the wrong tool.

Finally, putting your troops under increased fatique because it troubles your sense of what a soldier should look like is a symptom of the close mindedness that got us such winners as Agincourt, WWI and the invasion of Iraq.  Maybe you should find a job where being so hidebound devotion to outdated practices won't cost us young men and women.

Gunner C

Quote from: ddelaney103 on March 09, 2008, 03:10:50 AM
Quote from: mikeylikey on March 08, 2008, 10:13:13 AM
Quote from: sardak on March 08, 2008, 09:31:01 AM
And since I've figured out the real interest on CAP Talk is, here is the Army Combat Shirt made of flame retardant material.

That way I will make sure none of my Soldiers are caught dead in it. 

Wow, so much ignorance and arrogance in one post - I hardly know where to begin.

:o ;D :D

mikeylikey

Quote from: ddelaney103 on March 09, 2008, 03:10:50 AM

Second, I'm sorry the 21st Century military isn't adhering to your outdated sense of martial aesthetics. 

Try getting over yourself for once. 

Maybe you should find a job where being so hidebound devotion to outdated practices won't cost us young men and women.

Yikes.  It is obvious you hate me.  SO if you want to take future bashings like this to PM, that would be super cool on your part.  Just remember I don't hate you, and have never disrespected you out in public like you did to me.  Just so it is clear, I take my job very seriously, and have never gotten anyone injured or killed.  How dare you lump me in with people and events that I am sure you can not even begin to comprehend youself. 

So it is known, I will no longer read anything you have written, and you have lost all my respect here (not that it means much to a person like you).   :-* :-*
What's up monkeys?