Main Menu

Grey Pants

Started by Stonewall, November 03, 2007, 10:26:15 PM

star1151

Quote from: PA Guy on November 05, 2007, 03:00:47 PM
Have to agree with Pylon.  CAPM 39-1 is very specific re: grey trousers, they must be "dress trousers" and "no jeans or casual trousers made of cotton or twill".

That's for the aviator shirt uniform.  Cotton or twill is authorized with the golf shirt.

Pylon

Quote from: star1151 on November 05, 2007, 05:16:48 PM
Have to agree with Pylon.  CAPM 39-1 is very specific re: grey trousers, they must be "dress trousers" and "no jeans or casual trousers made of cotton or twill".

That's for the aviator shirt uniform.  Cotton or twill is authorized with the golf shirt.

Right.  See Table 4-4 for the golf shirt.  The quote is different (see my previous post for the golf-shirt-specific clause/extract).  Of course, if you wear both the aviator shirt uniform and the golf shirt, it'd be wise to get a pair which meets both specifications so as to be interchangeable.  But nonetheless, the requirements are different.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

star1151

Quote from: Pylon on November 05, 2007, 06:40:15 PM
Of course, if you wear both the aviator shirt uniform and the golf shirt, it'd be wise to get a pair which meets both specifications so as to be interchangeable.

So my question then becomes....where do you find "dress slacks/trousers of medium gray flannel, tropical worsted, or similar commercial blend"?

ricecakecm

Quote from: star1151 on November 05, 2007, 06:52:47 PM
Quote from: Pylon on November 05, 2007, 06:40:15 PM
Of course, if you wear both the aviator shirt uniform and the golf shirt, it'd be wise to get a pair which meets both specifications so as to be interchangeable.

So my question then becomes....where do you find "dress slacks/trousers of medium gray flannel, tropical worsted, or similar commercial blend"?

Dillards, Macy's, JC Penny, Jos A Bank, Brooks Brothers, Kohls, Walmart.  Pick your place.

SarDragon

To expand on Ricecake's post, Sears Flex Slax are great. I have several pair in different colors that I wear for semi-dressy stuff. I have two pair of medium grey that I use specifically for CAP.

Here are all the quotes on grey pants, all in one post:

Table 4-1. Men's CAP Blazer Uniform
Commercial dress trousers of medium gray flannel, tropical worsted, or similar commercial blend, full cut, straight hanging, with or without pleats, with or without cuffs. (No jeans or causal trousers made of cotton or twill fabric.) Front of trouser legs rests on the front of shoe or boot. No bunching at waist or sagging at seat. Trousers must be worn at natural waist.

Table 4-3. Men's and Women's Aviator Shirt with Epaulets Uniform
Commercial dress slacks/trousers of medium gray flannel, tropical worsted, or similar commercial blend, full cut, straight hanging, with or without pleats, with or without cuffs. (No jeans or casual slacks.) No bunching at waist or bagging at seat.

Table 4-4. Men's and Women's Golf Shirt/Summer Uniform
Commercial slacks/trousers in medium gray color, full cut, straight hanging, with or without pleats, with or without cuffs. Cotton/twill weave trousers are authorized (no jeans).
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

star1151

Quote from: ricecakecm on November 05, 2007, 11:15:30 PM

Dillards, Macy's, JC Penny, Jos A Bank, Brooks Brothers, Kohls, Walmart.  Pick your place.

Haven't found gray flannel pants as of yet.  It's hard enough to find cotton/twill gray pants that are straight cut....they just don't make them.  I had to actually have boot cut pants altered for the polo shirt uniform.  I'd say it would be easier to order them from Vanguard, but...you know...

PA Guy

Quote from: star1151 on November 05, 2007, 05:16:48 PM

Thanks for the correction.  I got my last pair of gray trousers from Brooks Brothers.  Ordered them online and got them within a week.

Carl C

Quote from: star1151 on November 06, 2007, 12:03:08 AM
Quote from: ricecakecm on November 05, 2007, 11:15:30 PM

Haven't found gray flannel pants as of yet.  It's hard enough to find cotton/twill gray pants that are straight cut....they just don't make them.  I had to actually have boot cut pants altered for the polo shirt uniform.  I'd say it would be easier to order them from Vanguard, but...you know...

Walmart has a cheap medium grey flat front dress pant.   The only other I have found is Haggar's "Cool 18" line.  "Taupe" is medium grey.   Also a dress pant.   No luck at all finding anything like Dockers in medium grey.

Sisilija

http://www.qmuniforms.com
LawPro® Pre-hemmed Fine-Line Twill Uniform Trousers

Great price and they look nice!

Our Fine-Line Twill trousers are now available pre-hemmed for your convenience!
Our top-of-the-line 100% polyester gabardine 4-pocket uniform trousers are made exclusively by Quartermaster
• Bartack reinforcements at all stress points for durable, every day wear.
• Soil and stain resistant finish for superior appearance.
• 2 deep back pockets with left pocket button closure.
• Snug-Tex® waistband to keep your uniform shirt tucked in your trousers.
• Imported.

Heather Grey, $19.99   

O-Rex

Haband is another one; they pretty much specialize in Geek-wear, but they have the gray slacks and blue pants that are almost dead-on 1625.

www.haband.com

Dad2-4

I have 3 pairs of Puritan slacks in different colors from Wallyworld with a hidden elastic piece on each side. They last a long time and give that extra room, like after Thanksgiving. That's what I use with aviator shirt or golf shirt combos.
Dickies makes a medium/dark grey pant that can be found at Wallyworld or other locations, but I don't know the fabric content.

star1151

Quote from: Carl C on November 15, 2007, 04:45:09 AM
Walmart has a cheap medium grey flat front dress pant.   The only other I have found is Haggar's "Cool 18" line.  "Taupe" is medium grey.   Also a dress pant.   No luck at all finding anything like Dockers in medium grey.

Those are men's pants.

Maj Ballard

Ladies - I've had good luck with Chadwick's.

http://www.chadwicks.com/womens-Pants.aspx?DeptId=15763

If you have a Goody's near you, they almost always have flattering flat-front grey slacks as well.
L. Ballard, Major, CAP

jimmydeanno

Quote from: star1151 on November 23, 2007, 04:47:49 PM
Quote from: Carl C on November 15, 2007, 04:45:09 AM

Those are men's pants.

Was at Wal*Mart today and saw medium gray women's dress slacks that would easily meet the criteria.

DISCLAIMER: I don't normally hang out in the women's clothing section, my wife was looking for something...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Stonewall

So, grey 5.11 pants are a no-go?  I'm guessing so, although they meet the requirement for the material, they do have cargo pockets.

They make other more "class A" type pants out of the same material, but so far I haven't found grey.

Like these "covert khakis", but they don't make friggin grey...

Just sent 5.11 a message on their site, wonder if it'll help...

As a volunteer member of the Civil Air Patrol, US Air Force Auxiliary, we have the option of wearing an organizational polo shirt with grey trousers.  Unfortunately, our regulations do not allow cargo-style pants like the original 5.11s.  I noticed recently, the new "covert khakis".  Is it possible to get these in grey or a similar type pant made in grey.  Class A pants look suitable, but again, I haven't seen any in grey.

Thanks for your quality product, I've been wearing them for years on protection details, as an instructor and now federal law enforcement officer.

Cheers.
Kirt Bowden
Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

Who / where does it say we can't have cargo pockets?

"That Others May Zoom"

Stonewall

Oh come on, I don't quote regs.  But doesn't it say something like "dress pants"? 
Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

Quote from: Stonewall on December 06, 2007, 06:25:56 AM
Oh come on, I don't quote regs.  But doesn't it say something like "dress pants"? 

As indicated a few posts up:

Table 4-4. Men's and Women's Golf Shirt/Summer Uniform
Commercial slacks/trousers in medium gray color, full cut, straight hanging, with or without pleats, with or without cuffs. Cotton/twill weave trousers are authorized (no jeans).

Dress slacks for the whites, but not the golf shirt.

"That Others May Zoom"

Stonewall

Ok, grey cargo 5.11s it is then.
Serving since 1987.

SStradley

Quote from: Stonewall on December 06, 2007, 06:34:43 AM
Ok, grey cargo 5.11s it is then.

Unless they change the regs to Khakis and Gulf Shirt.  ;)
Scott Stradley Maj, CAP

"Duty is the sublimest word in the English language."  R.E. Lee