Main Menu

Grey Pants

Started by Stonewall, November 03, 2007, 10:26:15 PM

Stonewall

So, I used the search function and couldn't find my answer.

Is it me, the Percocet, the extreme pain affecting my site, or my lack of patience that tells me Vanguard doesn't sell the grey pants for wear with the Blue Polo shirt?

Where's the best place to gett'em from?

Topic title - MIKE
Serving since 1987.

star1151

That's because they're "commercial" pants.

I'd imagine gray straight cut men's pants are fairly easy to find....no?  Dockers sells gray khakis on their website.

Stonewall

I've seen people wearing what seem to be a "standard" grey pant.  Just figured since you get the blue polo from Vanguard, the grey pants would be there too.  There I go thinking again.
Serving since 1987.

mikeylikey

Walmart.......$12.50   Sizes from very small to XXL....i.e. waist size 24 to 58! 
What's up monkeys?

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

star1151

I honestly didn't know there were so many shades and styles of gray pants until I joined CAP and you're seeing a standard one?  If you see a standard womans pant, ask where they got it, because I sure can't find any.

PHall

The Bookstore used to have a "standard" grey trouser they would sell for wear with the Blazer uniform.
It was the "standard" only because it was the only one they sold.

I guess Vanguard has screwed up and missed this little profit opportunity.

floridacyclist

Don't feel too bad, they also couldn't replace my kids' service coats or service jackets after last week's fire. The lady actually told me to get it on Ebay.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

jimmydeanno

Stonewall,

Your best bet would just be to go to a place that sells suits and pick up a pair of darker grey slacks - they look the best with the polo.  Please don't get the grey cargo pocketed/blouseable rayon pants with the zip off legs...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Stonewall

Quote from: jimmydeanno on November 04, 2007, 01:34:26 AM
Please don't get the grey cargo pocketed/blouseable rayon pants with the zip off legs...

Guess I've gotta head back to REI.  Hope I saved that receipt.
Serving since 1987.

jimmydeanno

I guess it's better than spandex  >:D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Pylon

UK, when you go to buy them:   Say no to pleats!      :o
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Stonewall

I'm not a pleat guy anyway.  It's a uniform, not a suit.

There's a rule in mens fashion anyway. 

Pleats = cuffs

No pleats = no cuffs 

I wore suits for the 5 years in my last life, I learned a few things at Brooks Brothers and Joseph A. Banks.
Serving since 1987.

Pylon

Hey I'm with you there.  Only two pair of pants I own have pleats (the pants that go with my most formal suit, and my tuxedo).  The rest of my 5 or so other suits, plus assorted dress pants all sport no pleats.  I just prefer the clean, smooth lines.  Also helps give a slender, modern appearance.

Nothing makes me cringe more than some guy with billowy pleats in his Dockers and the polo all crammed into the waist line.   ;D

isuhawkeye

Through work I have become a huge fan of these pants, and they make them in a grey color. 

Thoughts?

star1151

Quote from: Pylon on November 05, 2007, 03:21:49 AM
UK, when you go to buy them:   Say no to pleats!      :o

Does *anyone* wear pleats anymore?

Pylon

Quote from: star1151 on November 05, 2007, 02:46:03 PM
Does *anyone* wear pleats anymore?

For casual wear, sadly yes.  But in the dress world they do have their place (though I prefer to not wear them at all... ever)  - especially the single pleat, which is becoming in vogue with some of the high end designers very recently.

Quote from: isuhawkeye on November 05, 2007, 01:44:52 PM
Through work I have become a huge fan of these pants, and they make them in a grey color. 

Thoughts?

It depends on if the 511 tactical pants meet the CAPM 39-1 Table 4-4, Item 1. guidelines for pants:

Quote from: CAPM 39-1Commercial slacks/trousers in medium gray color, full cut, straight hanging, with or without pleats, with or without cuffs. Cotton/twill weave trousers are authorized (no jeans).

PA Guy

Have to agree with Pylon.  CAPM 39-1 is very specific re: grey trousers, they must be "dress trousers" and "no jeans or casual trousers made of cotton or twill".

jimmydeanno

Quote from: PA Guy on November 05, 2007, 03:00:47 PM
...no jeans or casual trousers made of cotton or twill.

"Cotton/twill weave trousers are authorized "

I found a pair of old uniform pants a security company used and those are great for use with the polo.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO