Ground team uniform

Started by isuhawkeye, October 17, 2007, 10:45:11 PM

isuhawkeye

I understand that several wings have adopted a uniform outside of 39-1 specifically for ground team use.  I don't want to argue the appropriateness, of this uniform.  I am simply interested in the wing supliments that authorize the uniform, and if available a picture of said uniforms.

Thanks

SarDragon

CAWG Uniform supplement

This may be prior to the current spec for blue trousers.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JayT

Why is there a cadet without a vest in that photo?
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

SarDragon

She was closely supervised, and we never left the road. Actually, we never got much farther apart than what you see in the pic. I think there were two others in the group, one of whom was taking the picture, and the other stayed in the vehicle to monitor the radios.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

jimmydeanno

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

alamrcn

Quote from: isuhawkeye on October 17, 2007, 10:45:11 PMI am simply interested in the wing supliments that authorize the uniform

I have all of the Wing 39-1 Supliments that I could find at this website:
http://www.incountry.us/cappatches/library.html

If anyone knows of others available in electronic form (old or new), please let me know!

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

isuhawkeye

Thanks,

I understand that Colorado once had a similar uniform.  Is that still the case?

Major Lord

If there was a water cooler and a shovel in that picture, I would say it was the militant arm of CALTRANS.....

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

PHall

Quote from: Major Lord on October 18, 2007, 03:10:18 AM
If there was a water cooler and a shovel in that picture, I would say it was the militant arm of CALTRANS.....

Major Lord

Couldn't be CalTrans, they're all standing and awake plus there's no orange trash bags!

arajca

Quote from: isuhawkeye on October 18, 2007, 02:36:51 AM
Thanks,

I understand that Colorado once had a similar uniform.  Is that still the case?
No. That supplement was pulled a couple years ago.

SarDragon

Quote from: jimmydeanno on October 18, 2007, 01:28:35 AM

And what was that supposed to mean?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JayT

Quote from: SarDragon on October 18, 2007, 04:27:36 AM

Isn't it a little odd that you guys ago out of your way to have a high viz uniform, but existing requirements for a safety vest (a cheap, regulation high viz item) isn't enforced?
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

ddelaney103

Quote from: SarDragon on October 18, 2007, 04:27:36 AM

I don't know about him, but I don't see anything in CAPM 39-1 saying Wing Commanders can create new uniforms out of whole cloth.  I thought Region was supposed to slap down Wings when they came out with wacky uniforms.

Can NV authorize DCU/ABU's for their troops because it's too hot to wear dark uniforms?  Can we authorize knee/elbow pads and bike helmets as a "safety measure" for drill?  When do we just toss the idea of uniformity out the window?

mikeylikey

^ You sir "hit the nail on the head".  NHQ has been way to "allowing" of Wing Specific Supplements.  One CAP right?  Lets make it that ALL uniform additions, exclusions need to to go to a NHQ uniform board, not the Wing King or Region Commander only! 
What's up monkeys?

isuhawkeye

ok. let's not drift. 

I don't want this thread to talk about the validity of these policies.  I am simply looking to see what's out there

isuhawkeye

so california still has this uniform oprion and colorado use to have something similar. 

anyone else

mikeylikey

^ Does IOWA have anything different than whats listed?  I am too curious.

I know PAWG had an on line document years ago, but with the change to a new website.....someone (COLGAN) has failed to keep it on there.  It was basically orange everything, ranger tabs, cold weather gear of somesort, and possibly metal rank somewhere on the uniform.  COLGAN.......get on it!
What's up monkeys?

mikeylikey

Quote from: isuhawkeye on October 18, 2007, 02:36:05 PM
OK. let's not drift. 

I don't want this thread to talk about the validity of these policies.  I am simply looking to see what's out there

Sorry......

I allow the wear of anything that keeps a person warm in Penna when the temp falls between -5 and 34.  Silly not to do that.  So we may not be uniform, but we are WARM.  However, I do not deviate on prescribed uniforms for summer months as it is not that HOT in PA.  But that is my unit, and not a Wing supplement.  Sorry again
What's up monkeys?

isuhawkeye

iowa does not have any supliments to 39-1.

I do however have a nice heavy orange safety vest which happens to have long sleeves and is made of fleece