PT Beta Program: seeking more info about new fitness awards

Started by cnichols, April 27, 2016, 09:11:23 PM

cnichols

Good afternoon:

I write with questions about fitness awards.
My goal is to familiarize our squadron with any/all available fitness-related CAP awards, ribbons, and medals.
Your answer will help me make informational charts.

First, are the old PT / fitness awards still valid/earnable? 
Or, are they in limbo during the PT Beta Test?

Second, I've researched online and found little information about the *new* fitness awards attached to the CAP PT Beta program.
Might you have more information about these?

This is the information I'm seeking:

1. Image of each award

2. Official Name of each award 

(If possible, please confirm these are correct.)
    a. Fitness Hall of Fame
    b. Personal Best Board
    c. Fitness Challenge Badge
    d. Quality Cadet Unit Award
    e. Fitness Officer of the Year
    f. Fitness Excellence Program

3. Detailed Description of each award

4. Who may earn each award?
- cadets only
- senior members only
- both

5. How may the award be earned?  (procedure)
- cadets / senior members initiate process
- DCC or Unit Commander initiates process

6. How frequently may each award be earned?
- annually?
- monthly?

7. How many times may an individual earn each award?
- only once?
- repetitively?

8. Any additional information that cadets / senior members need to know about each award?

Thank you. 
If this info is available and I overlooked it, I'd be so glad for your direction.

Respectfully,

2nd Lt C Nichols, CAP
Personnel Officer
http://abqspirit.com/

jeders

I'm not really sure what needs clarifying, these elements are fairly well described in the ----->>draft of 52-18.<<----- But I'll see if I can help anyways as it seems you are quite curious about this subject.

Quote from: cnichols on April 27, 2016, 09:11:23 PM
Good afternoon:

I write with questions about fitness awards.
My goal is to familiarize our squadron with any/all available fitness-related CAP awards, ribbons, and medals.
Your answer will help me make informational charts.
No new ribbons or medals are proposed from anything I've read/seen with the exception of the proposed Fitness Challenge Badge. I have seen no announcement made from NHQ as to a final design, though it is modeled after a similar AF Academy badge.

QuoteFirst, are the old PT / fitness awards still valid/earnable?
Or, are they in limbo during the PT Beta Test?
All awards that were current with the "old" PT program prior to the new beta are still valid and able to be earned. Until the new PT beta program is rolled out nationwide the new awards are not valid or able to be earned.

1. Image of each award
No new ribbons or decorations are being proposed, so there are no images to find. Fitness Officer of the year will likely be awarded in a similar fashion as all other "of the year" awards.

Quote2. Official Name of each award 

(If possible, please confirm these are correct.)
    a. Fitness Hall of Fame
    b. Personal Best Board
These are administered locally based on criteria which will be announced with the final release of the PT program. As with any board/hall of fame type award, this is intended to be a display at the squadron which is updated; no personal award element exists, though you could create a certificate for presentation.

Quotec. Fitness Challenge Badge
This is the only new physical item and is described in the 52-18 draft. The requirements for earning it are also stated in the draft 52-18.

Quoted. Quality Cadet Unit Award
This is not a new award but rather is stating that PT will become a consideration for the QCUA

Quotee. Fitness Officer of the Year
An additional 'of the year' award similar to the myriad of others currently found in 35-6.

Quotef. Fitness Excellence Program
This appears to be an optional external award similar to the existing external awards for the current PT program.

Quote3. Detailed Description of each award
See above

Quote4. Who may earn each award?
- cadets only
- senior members only
- both
As the entire PT program is for cadets only, I feel it's safe to say that most all awards are earned by cadets only. Only the Fitness Officer of the Year Award will be earned by senior members exclusively. The QCUA is of course a unit award.

Quote5. How may the award be earned?  (procedure)
- cadets / senior members initiate process
- DCC or Unit Commander initiates process
See 35-6 for the way that 'of the year' awards are processed. See the draft 52-18 for the process to award the other new awards. The QCUA is automatically handled at NHQ.

Quote6. How frequently may each award be earned?
- annually?
- monthly?
See the draft 52-18, chapter 6.

Quote7. How many times may an individual earn each award?
- only once?
- repetitively?
See the draft 52-18, chapter 6

QuoteThank you. 
If this info is available and I overlooked it, I'd be so glad for your direction.
Draft 52-18, chapter 6.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse