AAFES Telephone Purchase help

Started by Full time cadet, February 08, 2015, 10:19:05 PM

JC004

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 12, 2015, 08:54:11 AM
You guys are all forgetting something,  AAFES doesn't have to make special concessions for us at all.  Does it suck yes it does and yes it makes things difficult but AAFES does not have to take phone orders if they choose not to.   To many of you guys are wrapped up in that we are the Auxiliary and are showing way to much sense of entitlement when it comes to installation access and AAFES access.

It's really too much to ask to have the ability to purchase the uniform in a reasonable way?  If CAP members can't purchase online, get onto a base, or order by phone, having a way to get the uniform is unreasonable?

If they change the Free Cadet Uniform program as proposed, cadets will need to purchase their uniforms - in a way yet to be determined, after jumping through hoops, and getting a lot of "I don't knows" from the people at their new squadron.  What an excellent way to welcome new cadets.

I don't see anyone demanding access to MWR facilities.  I see people who would like to purchase the uniforms required...

Eclipse

I've never had any issue using MWR for CAP activities, not so for buying a uniform.

"That Others May Zoom"

abdsp51

Quote from: JC004 on February 13, 2015, 02:53:20 AM
It's really too much to ask to have the ability to purchase the uniform in a reasonable way?  If CAP members can't purchase online, get onto a base, or order by phone, having a way to get the uniform is unreasonable?

If they change the Free Cadet Uniform program as proposed, cadets will need to purchase their uniforms - in a way yet to be determined, after jumping through hoops, and getting a lot of "I don't knows" from the people at their new squadron.  What an excellent way to welcome new cadets.

I don't see anyone demanding access to MWR facilities.  I see people who would like to purchase the uniforms required...

Sir,
Not debating the feasibility of getting uniforms.  I know it's an issue my issue as I have said is with members saying we are the AF's Auxiliary as if that grants them a sense of entitlement.  The AFI has said that CAP can make purchases and the scope of the purchases. This can be interpreted as Eclipse has as AAFES as a whole to include their website or as use of the physical facility itself. Getting on base is a non issue and can be quite easy to solve provided membership wants to do the legwork.  For example in Tucson we ran into issue and it took me calling the desk a couple of times or going to the gate to fix it.  Within a couple of months there I had it access for the unit worked out a little bit better.  Months after that it was really easy for the org as a whole to get on. 

Ultimately the WG/CC has the final say on it and if he/she doesn't want the org on base that's pretty much the end of it.