If the Air Force has switched to ABUs, why does CAP still need blue name tapes?

Started by supertigerCH, April 08, 2012, 11:14:26 PM

RiverAux

I have some faith that the Air Force will see the wisdom of changing our nametape/etc. colors to something that looks good. 

AngelWings

Quote from: RiverAux on April 19, 2012, 01:08:31 AM
I have some faith that the Air Force will see the wisdom of changing our nametape/etc. colors to something that looks good.
IE the real nametapes they wear on their uniforms, like olive green with black lettering on the BDU and midnight navy lettering on ABU for the ABU. Anything else just looks stupid.

supertigerCH

The interesting thing is... UltraMarine Blue (on it's own) is a decent looking color.

The question many people here have...  is if on the BDU uniform... it is the most appropriate & professional choice for a 21st century Air Force Auxiliary.  Many of these people (in the forum) probably don't have a problem with the color itself.  Just my guess anyway...

manfredvonrichthofen

I don't have any issue with the color on the BDU, but I know it would be hideous on the ABU. But yet again, let's wait and see what happens. You know it will come up in uniform committee talks, it has been said so here on CT, that it was a question being thought out by the uniform committee, they even had some nice images to go with it of uniforms on mannequins with blue name tapes and sage name tapes. The sage and white looks pretty darn good to me.