"Corporate Uniform" Gone!!

Started by Pingree1492, November 07, 2009, 11:04:33 PM

Paper Pusher

This is the last time I try to be uniformed in something with a sharp appearance. I watched the NEC stream. Most the the bird colonels looked like slobs in the grey and whites. Now they take away the only sharp uniform I can wear. If I wanted to dress like a rotory club member in the blue blazer I would have joined them. I am also getting tired of ranking officers telling me I can not wear the AF uniform because of  h/w requirements when it is obvious that their Fat A.. doesn't either.

JC004

I bet Vanguard is going to be bent.  I am pretty sure those TPU coats costs them a pretty penny.

Nolan Teel

Paper pusher, I hate to say it but i agree, the generals looked pretty good but everyone else just seemed well... I hate to say it but sloppy.

Chappie

Quote from: JC004 on November 08, 2009, 01:23:11 AM
I bet Vanguard is going to be bent.  I am pretty sure those TPU coats costs them a pretty penny.

Not really...they can sell their stock to the US Ranger Corps  ;D ::) >:D
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

argentip

In regards to who is authorized to make changes to the uniforms, this is what the current CAPM 39-1 says:

Quote from: CAPM 39-1 para 1-4New or changed uniform items may not be authorized without the approval of the National Commander/National Board and/or National Headquarters (except as specified in Table 1-3 of this manual).

Not really clear here.  The NEC is not listed.  Sounds like anybody but them can make a change, though.
Phil Argenti, Col, CAP
GLR-IN-001

heliodoc

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Once again CAP does a number on its uniform

Once again,  polos and grays, solid blue BDU'and woodland BDU's and Real AF blue for the weight height non challenged

You folks really seriously did not think this was going to happen?  Sorry to hear about alllll of those who dropped coin for ANOTHER SILLY ARSED CAP uniform.  Get ready for the indecisive and poorly written 39-1 to be riding again ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

IT IS reallly time PAPA AF tells us to get our own uniform...this really makes CAP look like an indecisive organization...Now will they stop wasting time in St Louis?

Are this constant changes in uniforms and 39-1 really make us look professional???  It really does make us look like a bunch of third world and wanna be military dictators to keep the boyz at Vanguard in biz.

If only the REAL ES world knew about the crap we do...oh wait... they already know about CAP and their variations in uniforms :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

NCRblues

I cant stop smiling ;D :clap: thank god
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

heliodoc

Paper Pusher

Did not get to watch all of the streaming...So some of those CAP Col were wearing greys and whites??

Maybe there ought to be a CAP REG.... When you LT COL and COLs show up to these functions..you will show up IN SHAPE and the PROPER USAF type or style uniform

All the past posts here on CAPTalk about being criticizing the word 'volunteer" and what not.

It time these "professional CAP leaders" lead by example and really make some useful time out of these NEC meetings.

But if rescinding a clown uniform is a major event....imagine what the local hotel bars will be looking like tonite ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Major Carrales

I never purchased a single item of that UNIFORM, was going to though.  Now...yikes.

Will this end all the UNIFORM shenanigans?  Signs point to no. Unless we have a clear moratorium on uniform changes for a good five years, I suspect that the CSU will be followed by some other thing...then another until we wasted money enough to outfit a small European nation's Air Force.

I would not be surprised if a good many of us "walked," in fact, I will not hold any member who leaves CAP because of this wanton waste of money in any spite.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Chappie

Quote from: heliodoc on November 08, 2009, 02:10:26 AM
Paper Pusher

Did not get to watch all of the streaming...So some of those CAP Col were wearing greys and whites??

<snip>

This was the first NEC meeting that I did not see a CPU worn....either they were wearing the USAF-style or the white aviator/grey slack combo.

On a side note...some of those on the NEC had purchased and wore the CPU, so they too would have to feel the pain that some are speaking about members of the organization feeling.

That is a pain that I am not feeling because I never purchased the uniform because of the contraversy surrounding its origins -- and I never felt that I needed to wear a "corporate" uniform since I did wear the blazer/grey slack combo when acting in a corporate responsibility.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Major Carrales

Quote from: Chappie on November 08, 2009, 02:20:03 AM
Quote from: heliodoc on November 08, 2009, 02:10:26 AM
Paper Pusher

<snip>

This was the first NEC meeting that I did not see a CPU worn....either they were wearing the USAF-style or the white aviator/grey slack combo.

On a side note...some of those on the NEC had purchased and wore the CPU, so they too would have to feel the pain that some are speaking about members of the organization feeling.

That is a pain that I am not feeling because I never purchased the uniform because of the contraversy surrounding its origins -- and I never felt that I needed to wear a "corporate" uniform since I did wear the blazer/gray slack combo when acting in a corporate responsibility.

What in blue blazers?  (sorry, couldn't resist)

I don't think I will ever purchase the Blazer either.  Maybe now it will be safe to by the white-grays.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

a2capt

I know it's been the most ridiculed uniform combination ..  I do have to say, I'm sorry to see it go vs. the gray combo.

At least there was a common item to get vs. the gray. There is nothing uniform at all about the gray combination as you can just buy pants anywhere seemingly as long as they are gray and not denim.

It did present a nice appearance, somehow the gray combination does not, to me.  But alas, the two remaining uniform options that use rank/devices can use all the same items.

Hawk200

I'm actually disappointed with this decision as well. CSU was a true uniform, everyone wearing one was wearing a standardized item. Not so true with the white/gray combo.

Quote from: a2capt on November 08, 2009, 02:43:27 AMBut alas, the two remaining uniform options that use rank/devices can use all the same items.

If that had been done in the first place, there would have been a lot more uniformity.

I'm wondering what the Vanguard backlash is going to cost us. It would be nice if they can find a nice little loophole for it. It shouldn't cost the membership itself any more than it already has.

Slim

Glad that hundreds-if not thousands-of hard working members who are now out a crapload of money could provide you guys with an evening's worth of free entertainment.

I sure hope I'm around to witness the outcries and butt pain if/when Ma Blue yanks the AF style uniforms out from under all of you.

Slim

Hawk200

Quote from: Slim on November 08, 2009, 03:02:10 AM
Glad that hundreds-if not thousands-of hard working members who are now out a crapload of money could provide you guys with an evening's worth of free entertainment.

I sure hope I'm around to witness the outcries and butt pain if/when Ma Blue yanks the AF style uniforms out from under all of you.

Pretty broad brush there.

Paper Pusher

Hawk200,
That's simple the NEC made the choice without input from the membership let them (personally) foot the bill from Vanguard.

If the NEC was truely concerned about the members that don't meet h/w requirements,  the corporate uniform coats alternatives would be sized acordingly. Most don't meet the 3x or 4 x sizes.

wuzafuzz

Well how about that?

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Army going to blue pants and white shirts.

The double breasted coat looked like hammered dog-doo IMHO, but take away the coat and it was a sharp uniform (if worn properly).
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

Seabee219

This is getting to be real costly for our members. Change the uniforms (members spend money)......wait, we are changing them again (members go out and spend money) WAIT.....we are changing them again.  This has to stop, I liked the Blue and whites, looked sharp, much better than the grey and whites. I was going to get the new corp jacket but I am glad I did not spend the money. 

I think this makes us look like we do not know what we are doing, and can not make up our mind at all.  Let's get something and stick with it.
CAP Capt, Retired US Navy Seabee.
  MRO, MS, MO, UDF, GT3, MSA, CUL
1. Lead by example, and take care of your people

Hawk200

Quote from: Paper Pusher on November 08, 2009, 03:05:13 AM
Hawk200,
That's simple the NEC made the choice without input from the membership let them (personally) foot the bill from Vanguard.

If the NEC was truely concerned about the members that don't meet h/w requirements,  the corporate uniform coats alternatives would be sized acordingly. Most don't meet the 3x or 4 x sizes.

Simple in principle; a court of law is a different story, which is where this could easily end up.

I'd have no problem with someone personally footing the bill if it was even possible. But I don't see that happening or doable.

I've begun to think that a lot of the downhill slide for CAPMart was when they started introducing so much new stuff. Did we really need a badge for every specialty? Not really. Did we really need so many patches? Nope. Was it really necessary for almost every uniform to have a wing patch on it? No. CAPMart could have probably remained viable if a lot of stuff hadn't been produced.

There's a lot of talk about "We should have a badge for this, and for this, and this too." Kinda looks like we created our own problem.

Hawk200

Quote from: wuzafuzz on November 08, 2009, 03:10:09 AMI wonder if it has anything to do with the Army going to blue pants and white shirts.

Interesting point. The two uniforms would look very similar, especially considering the outergarments were the same ones.

To the uninformed, one could simply be a variation of the other.