Online Testing Timer glitch?

Started by Retro, May 09, 2013, 10:09:06 PM

Retro

My cadet just had an issue taking the online Aerospace module test.  In the middle of him taking the test, he was told that he was out of time and had failed the test.  The issue is that he had 30 minutes to take the test and he hadn't even been logged in for close to that long.  In fact, he walked through the door from school at about 4:35, talked to me for a several minutes about taking the test and he came into my office upset at 5:00 that the test had told him he was out of time and failed him.

Has anyone else heard of this happening?  And the bad part is he spent all week studying, now he can't take the test for another week! And who says the same situation won't happend again?

Eclipse

He started the test and then got up and came and talked to you?

NHQ should be able to tell how long he was really logged in, and if it glitched, reset it for him.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

Call/Explain to the testing officer, cadet/unit commander. All of which whom can reset the test.

I've had misc. stuff happen with the session cookie, which I've been able to trace to voodoo that was usually caused indirectly by the cadet's actions prior to taking the test.

Effluent happens. If it's not the same one over and over again telling me, I let them back in.

99% of time it's a different one each time. But as for how often, perhaps  I can count on one hand still.

Retro

Quote from: Eclipse on May 09, 2013, 10:13:22 PM
He started the test and then got up and came and talked to you?

NHQ should be able to tell how long he was really logged in, and if it glitched, reset it for him.

No, he came home from school and spoke to me about being ready to take the test.  Then he went to his room, logged in and I heard his cry of dismay about 10 minutes later.

Майор Хаткевич

As stated, Testing officer, deputy/Commander can all reset it.

Tim Medeiros

Just having the Testing Officer/Deputy/CC reset doesn't resolve the entire issue though, yes it will let the cadet take the test again, but what do you say when it happens again?

A trouble ticket to IT would likely help.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

a2capt

I've never had it happen twice, if I could track it down, I'd certainly put in something. Otherwise, it's like donkeys, darts and blindfolds.