Between CAP, Work and/or School stop and enjoy the Summer

Started by Майор Хаткевич, July 30, 2012, 05:54:10 AM

Майор Хаткевич

I saved this little fellow crawling in the grass from almost certain death before mowing the lawn today. A few hours later I went to check on him (I put him on the fence post), and saw that he'd already spread his wings:

Make sure to stop and enjoy some good quality outdoor time this summer!

krnlpanick

Echo this sentiment. I spent the day at the Colorado Renaissance Festival with my family yesterday. It is one of our family traditions, dress up in period and spend the day in the sun with a bunch of like-minded geeks. :)

2nd Lt. Christopher A. Schmidt, CAP

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

krnlpanick

Went for Turkey Legs and to appease my affinity for pointy bladed items, of course we had to see the joust, but the real winner of the day was these guys - a German Renassaince Hip-Hop Group...

Bobble

Nice try, but I'm not so easily fooled.  They're actually wearing the UOD as specified by the MAWG Encampment for ES training activities.  It's the Ranger Green pickle suit with Dark Earth fleur-de-lis camouflage appliques, a white crew-neck t-shirt modifed for hot weather conditions and the Ranger Green "Big Gulp" (formerly referred to as the "Shroom") beret with appropriate contrasting braid signifying ranger qualifications achieved.  Not shown in the picture of course are the Dark Earth "Elf" hightop boots with curled tips designed to minimize tripping incidents in heavily wooded areas.

Unfortunately, one of them (and I'm not sure which one, perhaps someone who attended could chime in?) is wearing their patch on the wrong side. But isn't that always the way.
R. Litzke, Capt, CAP
NER-NY-153

"Men WILL wear underpants."

krnlpanick

You sir, owe me a new screen as mine is now coffee-stained..  :clap:

AngelWings

Quote from: Bobble on July 30, 2012, 06:14:53 PM
Nice try, but I'm not so easily fooled.  They're actually wearing the UOD as specified by the MAWG Encampment for ES training activities.  It's the Ranger Green pickle suit with Dark Earth fleur-de-lis camouflage appliques, a white crew-neck t-shirt modifed for hot weather conditions and the Ranger Green "Big Gulp" (formerly referred to as the "Shroom") beret with appropriate contrasting braid signifying ranger qualifications achieved.  Not shown in the picture of course are the Dark Earth "Elf" hightop boots with curled tips designed to minimize tripping incidents in heavily wooded areas.

Unfortunately, one of them (and I'm not sure which one, perhaps someone who attended could chime in?) is wearing their patch on the wrong side. But isn't that always the way.
Watch what yiz say about the wicked nice dhessing Mass Wing befoa yiz getta digga ya chowdahead! Also, R's ah fah losas!

Back to regular programming...

I hope everyone here is having a great summer. I've had my busiest CAP time and have truely learned what the term "Come And Pay" means. If there was a week without an outside-of-meeting CAP activity or two, I was either resting or enjoying my life. Now, that's not possible for me, but I'm loving every second of it.

Private Investigator

I was planning on taking a week off from CAP but somebody might transfer me to Patron status.  ::)

Eclipse

Quote from: Private Investigator on July 31, 2012, 01:53:57 AM
I was planning on taking a week off from CAP but somebody might transfer me to Patron status.  ::)

"That Others May Zoom"

Walkman

This has been the been the busiest summer for non-CAP activities in a long time. There have been 3 SAREXs, SAR Academy, NESA, a local fly-in, and an air show. All of these either conflicted with my work schedule or a family event that I wouldn't miss. My CAP career took a hit in that I missed a lot of good training that that would have accomplished several of my CAP goals, but I felt I had to choose other things.

Next summer, however...

Garibaldi

Quote from: Walkman on July 31, 2012, 03:32:10 AM
This has been the been the busiest summer for non-CAP activities in a long time. There have been 3 SAREXs, SAR Academy, NESA, a local fly-in, and an air show. All of these either conflicted with my work schedule or a family event that I wouldn't miss. My CAP career took a hit in that I missed a lot of good training that that would have accomplished several of my CAP goals, but I felt I had to choose other things.

Next summer, however...

MOVED TO PATRON STATUS. NEXT! >:D
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Walkman

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Walkman on July 31, 2012, 04:24:34 AM
Quote from: Garibaldi on July 31, 2012, 04:03:39 AM

But, but... I attended the weekly meetings!  ;)

No longer welcome. Please await the arrival of your 45 via signature UPS service.

Private Investigator

Quote from: Walkman on July 31, 2012, 04:24:34 AM
Quote from: Garibaldi on July 31, 2012, 04:03:39 AM

But, but... I attended the weekly meetings!  ;)

Did you make cookies? NO! Patron status   ;)

Walkman

Quote from: Private Investigator on August 01, 2012, 09:38:03 AM

Ha! I can do better than that. I brought in my wife's home-made, fresh (as in made that afternoon) salsa. Salsa that was made from tomatoes, peppers and other veggies (organic with no pesticides, thankyewverymuch) just picked that morning from our garden. Salsa with the perfect blend of heat and a touch of lime & cilantro.

No stale, end-of-the-day donuts or store-bought cookies for my squadron, no siree.

I think that plus helping my three MS students finish their quals this month should redeem my membership.

AngelWings

Quote from: Walkman on August 01, 2012, 01:03:52 PM

Ha! I can do better than that. I brought in my wife's home-made, fresh (as in made that afternoon) salsa. Salsa that was made from tomatoes, peppers and other veggies (organic with no pesticides, thankyewverymuch) just picked that morning from our garden. Salsa with the perfect blend of heat and a touch of lime & cilantro.

No stale, end-of-the-day donuts or store-bought cookies for my squadron, no siree.

I think that plus helping my three MS students finish their quals this month should redeem my membership.
But, but, they said the benefits of going to the dark side was the fact they had cookies!  :(

SarDragon

No cookies (or donuts) until you pass your double secret probation period.  >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Walkman

Quote from: AngelWings on August 01, 2012, 08:06:42 PM
But, but, they said the benefits of going to the dark side was the fact they had cookies!  :(

Would it surprise you that the "dark side" lied about cookies?

AngelWings

Quote from: SarDragon on August 01, 2012, 08:12:54 PM
No cookies (or donuts) until you pass your double secret probation period.  >:D
Hmm... it's worth it!

Quote from: Walkman on August 01, 2012, 08:14:23 PM
Quote from: AngelWings on August 01, 2012, 08:06:42 PM

Would it surprise you that the "dark side" lied about cookies?
Maybe. I see them chowing down on them all of the time and walking by me with their long hair and crumbs in their beards  >:D ;)

Private Investigator

Quote from: Walkman on August 01, 2012, 01:03:52 PM

Roger that    :clap: