Senior Members as AE Members?

Started by JohhnyD, June 02, 2021, 05:51:28 AM

JohhnyD

Can we be BOTH at the same time? How does that work?

SarDragon

I questioned that many years ago, and the answer was NO. Try asking the Knowledgebase. You might get an answer. Or not. The last time I asked something, I got an answer in about two weeks.YMMV. Tempus fugit. *batteries not included.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

jeders

Quote from: JohhnyD on June 02, 2021, 05:51:28 AMCan we be BOTH at the same time? How does that work?

No, as they are two different membership categories. That would be like being a patron member and an active member at the same time.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

NovemberWhiskey

What would even be the purpose of that?

JohhnyD

Quote from: NovemberWhiskey on June 02, 2021, 04:47:34 PMWhat would even be the purpose of that?
AE Members are teachers who get significant classroom support from CAP-USAF. Regular members are us. I have a teacher, parent of a cadet who wants to have both roles.

TheSkyHornet

I guess there are perks to both categories as well as downfalls to both. Pick your poison based on what you're hoping to gain from it.

Sure, AEMs get airplane rides and STEM kits, but so do squadrons. It's a different world being an AEO and a school-based AEM.

Eclipse

AEMs get an (1) O-Ride if...

1. There's a plane and pilot available and willing.

2. You can convince someone that the FAT TOPS rides are a thing (no easy feat).

3. The teacher isn't AWOL for months at a time, which compounds #1

BTDT, for about 8 months, the first third, literally, was trying to get approval.

AEMs get a theoretical ride and a stack of books no one but the FedEx guy will
probably ever look at, however if they want to be active as well, have them join
as an AEM, get all their stuff, then convert to Senior Member.

AEMs who convert get that year's membership for no additional charge over the AEM fee.

"That Others May Zoom"

JohhnyD

Quote from: Eclipse on June 02, 2021, 11:37:19 PMAEMs get an (1) O-Ride if...

1. There's a plane and pilot available and willing.

2. You can convince someone that the FAT TOPS rides are a thing (no easy feat).

3. The teacher isn't AWOL for months at a time, which compounds #1

BTDT, for about 8 months, the first third, literally, was trying to get approval.

AEMs get a theoretical ride and a stack of books no one but the FedEx guy will
probably ever look at, however if they want to be active as well, have them join
as an AEM, get all their stuff, then convert to Senior Member.

AEMs who convert get that year's membership for no additional charge over the AEM fee.
The AEMs in our area have no trouble getting flights, they love the materials and are helping us recruit. You do seem to have a lot of bad luck in your area. Odd.