official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

conca27

Quote from: Stegapop on August 02, 2014, 02:42:36 AM
Welp, just decided to become more active in this forum. Was cruising reddit, then decided to check this out again. Found Neumann, then decided that I was here to stay. Hello again all!
Hey Bajakian, I just got back on CAPtalk after a year and I found you.

- Becker
New York Wing Encampment 2013 - Echo Inflight
New York Wing Encampment 2014 - Foxtrot Flight Sergeant
Air Force Civil Engineering Academy 2015 - Graduate
Rochester Composite Squadron - Alpha Flight Commander; Operations Officer
Billy Mitchell Award #66326

Heavy Flying Guy

Hello. I'm a C/MSgt and I've been in less than a year. Also closing in on some solo wings and ES patch. But that's about it.
"We...are the CAP! We'll always save the day! And if you think we can't, we'll always find a way!"

Dracosbane

I don't have anything to add, except that my sig box has changed...again.

vesryn

Quote from: conca27 on August 15, 2014, 05:30:54 PM
Quote from: Stegapop on August 02, 2014, 02:42:36 AM
Welp, just decided to become more active in this forum. Was cruising reddit, then decided to check this out again. Found Neumann, then decided that I was here to stay. Hello again all!
Hey Bajakian, I just got back on CAPtalk after a year and I found you.

- Becker

BECKER!
Eaker #3363
NYWG Encampment Cadet Commander 2018
NYWG Encampment '13, '14, '15, '18, '19

Airplane girl

Hi, I'm Lauren. I joined CAP in May and now I'm a C/Amn, although I might promote to c/A1C next week.

Simplex

Welcome! You're the future of CAP, I wish you good luck.

DreFlyer

Howdy CAPTalk crowd! I've been a SM for a few years but very busy at my govmt IT day job with overseas TDYs, training, vacation, etc. Now that I plan on staying put here in FL for a little while I've reconnected with my squadron and will be getting involved again in CAP volunteer activities and contributing my aviation/commo/IT skills to this great organization  . . . hopefully this discussion board can serve as a medium for brainstorming ideas on how to improve things! 

arb65912

Hello,

I am so new here that I am not even sure I supposed to post in this thread.

Anyway, just in case I am the proper spot, I wanted to say Hi to all.

I just came back from the first CAP meeting, I am 57, always loved aviation, took few flying lessons 3 years ago, quit because of lack of money... I guess very common story.

My friend recommended to join CAP, I went to the first meeting and I think I will join after 2 more meeting visits.

I was always friendly and willing to help others and of course airplanes were always there, I fly radio controlled giants.

I am looking forward to learn, meet people and volunteer to do something useful.

Sorry for that long post, just wanted to introduce myself.

Cheers, AJ  ( my name is Andrzej but only the very few are able to remember the spelling so I go by AJ  :D)

FlyTiger77

JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

Simplex

Yes indeed, Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time in CAP. CAPTalk is great, I really enjoy reading the posts and have learned quite a bit from it. As you feel more comfortable with this forum you'll consider posting a few pic's of those 'giants' you fly!

arb65912

Thank you for the welcome.
The idea of forums is not new to me but here I am very unfamiliar with the "territory" :)
I will sure post a picture of the giants, just have a first question.
Is it OK to post pictures in THIS thread or I better find a more proper location?

FlyTiger77

Quote from: arb65912 on September 30, 2014, 04:30:20 PM
Thank you for the welcome.
The idea of forums is not new to me but here I am very unfamiliar with the "territory" :)
I will sure post a picture of the giants, just have a first question.
Is it OK to post pictures in THIS thread or I better find a more proper location?

I will defer to the moderators, of course, for definitive guidance, but I would think the pictures of RC aircraft would be best posted in either "Aviation and Flying Activities" or "Aerospace Education" (both under the "Operations" heading).
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

arb65912

Thank you for the suggestion Jack. Wilco. Cheers, AJ  ;)

Pedfltmed22

New to page. Thanks for some great info.
1st Lt, CAP
SFC, USA, Retired

Майор Хаткевич

Simplex

I noticed the retired SFC, thank you for your service. And welcome to CAPTalk.

thebeggerpie

I may have just joined, but I stalked this site pretty regularly for a long time before I decided to hit that little "Register" button.

CDT/SSgt Rivera

Hello! I am Antonio Rivera, and I joined CAP last year. I have been to many events in the Florida area, and I am planning to go to Georgia wing's winter encampment. Anyway, I can't wait to start exploring the forum!

Garibaldi

Quote from: CDT/SSgt Rivera on November 05, 2014, 03:14:46 PM
Hello! I am Antonio Rivera, and I joined CAP last year. I have been to many events in the Florida area, and I am planning to go to Georgia wing's winter encampment. Anyway, I can't wait to start exploring the forum!

Umm..last time I checked, GAWG did not hold a winter encampment. We sent our cadets to FLWG winter encencampment, which was cancelled this year. I acknowledge this information is at least 3 weeks old and since I quit, I am not up on the latest information...
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

MSG Mac

Which Squadron. Are you in?
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member